these last 10 pounds ...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
No, never :p

:lol: You're doing great if you're down to only 10 pounds extra! :headbang: Just give the hormones some more time to settle. By her first birthday, you'll have a real picture of what's gonna stay and what's gone. ;) :D

kuulani

psst ... actually its more than 10, but i'm trying to kid myself ...
:D

And I was so happy that I could almost squeeze myself into these old jeans that I kidded myself that I could wear them today ... I'm so out of breath from sucking in my stomach that I'm about to faint from typing this ... *woozy*
:D

unclehobart

Its not a matter weight by then. First babies always put a little spread on that pelvic girdle that simply never goes away. Time to work on being a FG.

unclehobart

Most certainly. The waist can always go back to old school ... but the hips that resemble a 12 y/o boy are taost now. having 3 kids would most definitely give you a more hourglass cut in the hips. I'm not saying that adds like 10 inches and you are now icky pooie... more like an inch or two. Not noticable to most ... cept to you because all of the old clothes have gotten impossibly snug.

Janimal

Actually, it can be done. Just lost the last 5 or so from my first pregnancy so now I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight. Now, on to getting rid of the post-quitting-smoking weight (which I did before I got pregnant).

Also, the hip thing is only an issue if you had narrow hips to begin with. Hate to tell ya unc, my hips were pretty darn wide to begin with (not fat, at one time I only weighed 110 lbs and I'm 5'6"). The bone structure doesn't seem to have changed much, just how much fat there is and where it is stored.

But Ku'u, do not fret - it's too early for you to be worried about those last 10 lbs. Give it at least a good year or two. Remember, it took your body 9 months to get like that to begin with.

Now what really sucks is shoe size. My feet got longer and wider. I went up a full shoe size and that hasn't gone back again.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I can send you a ratcheting cargo strap, and you can shrink your hips the painful way...

images

nalani

it's not the last 10 pounds for me .. it's the first 50 :D

damned kids .. see ... it's all their fault ... first I go through 9 months of carrying them ... then I have all this *pointing at the hips, thighs, stomach and everything* .... and guess what?

I wouldn't trade all that weight for my kids ever *proud mommy grin*

btw, I agree with unc ... ku'u always was an FG -wannabe ... now she gets to work on being the real thing :D

kuulani

nalani said:
btw, I agree with unc ... ku'u always was an FG -wannabe ... now she gets to work on being the real thing :D

:p

woo-hoo ... moving up a notch from wannabe to the real thing ... *dance of joy*

kuulani

omg!! 8/13/02 was a lifetime ago!!

let's see, my firstborn was only 2 months old!! and i only had ten pounds to go? :hmm:

i wish i had 10 pounds to go!! now it's more like 15-20 lbs to go!! i'm so totally plateau-ed after my second kid *sigh*

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
omg!! 8/13/02 was a lifetime ago!!

let's see, my firstborn was only 2 months old!! and i only had ten pounds to go? :hmm:

i wish i had 10 pounds to go!! now it's more like 15-20 lbs to go!! i'm so totally plateau-ed after my second kid *sigh*

I kinda like the padded Ku'u. I'm afraid of breaking a thin woman...:mope:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
it's not the last 10 pounds for me .. it's the first 50 :D

damned kids .. see ... it's all their fault ... first I go through 9 months of carrying them ... then I have all this *pointing at the hips, thighs, stomach and everything* .... and guess what?

I wouldn't trade all that weight for my kids ever *proud mommy grin*

I got "the first fifty" (or more) and I don't even have kids...