Those who ought to know better

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It seems our esteemed tenured elitist scholars have taken to stretching the limits at any cost, just for person pleasure or want. I'm so glad they're teaching our children.

BUCHAREST (AFP) - A 67-year-old Romanian became the oldest woman ever known to have given birth, although one of her twin girls died shortly afterwards, Bucharest's Giulesti Hospital told a TV station.

Adriana Iliescu, a retired university professor, had undergone fertility treatment for nine years before succeeding in becoming pregnant.

Realitatea TV said she had given birth to twin girls, one of whom had died almost immediately. The surviving infant, which weighed 1.4 kilogram (three pounds), was in good health, the TV channel said.

Source

What happened to ethics?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I think it is sick. Just take a look at the woman
_40675105_041230madre203.jpg

I wonder if she'll breastfeed her baby on her kness.

BeardofPants

Whilst I don't quite understand why anyone would want to give up their retirement and have a baby, and I seriously question her sanity given that she's not going to be around very long, at the same time I'm not going to presume to judge. Furthermore, this luxury of long-lived parents is new. Our life-spans are getting longer and longer. It wasn't that long ago that it was common for children to lose their parents to old age (old age being significantly younger than it is now). :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BoP said:
I'm not going to presume to judge.

She's 67 friggin years old. Judge her & judge harshly. Her child is destined to be an orphan for her ego.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Hi my name is sammy im not even 5 years old yet and my mommy here is 72. I push her in a wheelchair , she cant hear me or even see me most of the time but i know by the way she drools she loves me. thats Pathetic, talk about an ego trip. Id be ashamed of her in later years if she was my mom. I sure as hell wouldnt be proud of some old wench who only wanted bragging rights of having a kid. She can supply absolutly nothing for for her child.

chcr

Too cute for words
My guess is that like a lot of people, she sees a child as a continuation of herself. Those of us who've raised children know that nothing could be further from the truth. Pure ego.

unclehobart

samcurry said:
Hi my name is sammy im not even 5 years old yet and my mommy here is 72. I push her in a wheelchair , she cant hear me or even see me most of the time but i know by the way she drools she loves me. thats Pathetic, talk about an ego trip. Id be ashamed of her in later years if she was my mom. I sure as hell wouldnt be proud of some old wench who only wanted bragging rights of having a kid. She can supply absolutly nothing for for her child.
Good luck having a 5y/o pushing a wheelchair.

unclehobart

It does bring up the moral flipside. Men can have a child unto death at 100+ and some men have become fathers at an obscene age. Do we give it a pass because the mothers that conceived are young enough to care for the kid? Some men are proud of having impregnated women well into their dotage. Is this such a stretch against nature that we would condemn a female of ripe age moreso than a man?

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Personally i feel the same on both sexes. Having kids at that age is nothing more than trying to prove something to oneself. Puts undue truama on the kid.
I could never knowlingly have a kid that i could in no possible way be there for them.
I have a brother that is 30 years younger than I, From a guy that thinks he needs to prove his sperm still works. His dad is 70. Hmm wonder is i can get ol'dad to go out and toss the ball with him? HAHA i couldnt get him to do that with me when he was able to so i doubt it.

abooja

Why was Tony Randall an asshole? I loved Tony Randall, particularly as Felix in The Odd Couple. Did he have a baby right before he died or something?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
But the most exciting role Tony has played recently is that of new husband and father. After a long happy marriage of 54 years, Tony's wife, Florence, died in 1992 after a long illness. Tony has since found love again with actrss Heather Harlan whorn he met while she was interning at the National Actors Theatre. The two were married in New York by Mayor Guiliani on November 17, 1995. Then on April 11, 1997 Tony and Heather become first time parents to lovely Julia Laurette Randall. On June 15, 1998, Tony and Heather became parents again with young Jefferson Salvini Randall making his debut.

Thulsa Doom

See boys and girls? You should have babies often and early. Or else get ridiculed by the majority. :D

Is it a little better if your wife is half your age? :D

Inkara1

With that much of an age difference, I'd have to wonder if the guy burned all his bridges with everyone close to his own age.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Why God invented menopause:

With all the new technology regarding fertility, a 65 year old woman was able to give birth to a baby recently. When she was discharged from the hospital and went home, her relatives came to visit.

"May we see the new baby?" one asked, "Not yet." said the mother. "I'll make coffee and we can visit for a while first".

Thirty minutes had passed and another relative asked, "May we see the new baby now?"

"No, not yet" said the mother. After another few minutes had elapsed they asked again, "May we see the baby now?"

"No not yet" replied the mother.

Growing impatient they asked, "Well,when CAN we see the baby?"

"When it cries" she told them. "When it cries?" they demanded "Why do we have to wait until it cries?"

"Because I forgot where I put it ......"