tonights trivia

unclehobart

Play that funky music-correct

Steeley Dan- Donald Fagen

The Doobie Brothers question became one of hot debate and the DJ clarified by saying... allright, allright ... the one I'm looking for was the popular one.

Shake Your Grove Thing /Peaches & herb correct

Endless Love Diana Ross & Lionell Richie did one /correct

I Don't Know Much - Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt /correct

Inkara1

Do I get any bonus points for having Vanilla Ice's To The Extreme album on a cassette tape I bought in 1991? It has both his hit songs on it.

chcr

Too cute for words
PuterTutor said:
Vanilla Ice, Play that Funky Music.
I never even knew Vanilla Ice did a cover of Play That Funky Music. The original was Wild Cherry though. :D

unclehobart

Inkara1 said:
Do I get any bonus points for having Vanilla Ice's To The Extreme album on a cassette tape I bought in 1991? It has both his hit songs on it.
Not unless you consider social ridicule to be bonus points. ;)

unclehobart

chcr said:
I never even new Vanilla Ice did a cover of Play That Funky Music. The original was Wild Cherry though. :D
The big hullabaloo over that one was that he didn't even credit Wild Cherry as the original artist. Instead, Vanilla Ice himself was listed the writer. Dumb on his part and seriously dumb for the record company in not catching it. The lawsuit cost them about 1.5 million... ka-ching!

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
The big hullabaloo over that one was that he didn't even credit Wild Cherry as the original artist. Instead, Vanilla Ice himself was listed the writer. Dumb on his part and seriously dumb for the record company in not catching it. The lawsuit cost them about 1.5 million... ka-ching!

:D

AlphaTroll

The Doobie Brothers question became one of hot debate and the DJ clarified by saying... allright, allright ... the one I'm looking for was the popular one.

Flippet - last guess would be Michael McDonald?

"After All" duet..........Peter Cetera & Cher?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
unclehobart said:

How could they ever have expected to get away with that? The song was popular to the point of becoming a classic. :retard:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
The main riff from Ice Ice Baby was stolen too, seems like they got in trouble for that one too. Guess they just figured what the hell.

AlphaTroll

PuterTutor said:
The main riff from Ice Ice Baby was stolen too, seems like they got in trouble for that one too. Guess they just figured what the hell.

I remember an interview he did....the presenter asked him what he has to say for himself about stealing the riff from Queen's 'Under Pressure'....stupid ass denied it & then tried to explain how his was different by imitating the two vocally with a series of du du du dudu sounds :rolleyes:

unclehobart

Alpha, Your last two guesses were correct.

I believe he won the lawsuit vs Queen and David Bowie based upon the addition of a single added noise in the riff which supposedly made it unique enough for whatever jury that heard it.

AlphaTroll

Hmmmm - maybe Squigg's was on that jury too........could be why they decided to keep him on this one ;)

Got any more questions? Doesn't have to just be musical trivia does it?

unclehobart

Last nights contest was music trivia specific. The prior night was general trivia... but I didn't keep that scoresheet in order to remember the questions ... soz 'bout that.