trivia night 1/29/04

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i tried that before, nothing happened except a headache the next morning. finally i came to the conclusion that only one part of me needs beating.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
unclehobart said:
5. Name the front men for: the WHO, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Talking Heads, and the Stone Temple Pilots-Roger Daltrey<-yes, Fleas friend, David Byrne<-yes, Scotwhatshisname

1. Name the 4 people that comprised the group the Damn Yankees.-Jack Blades<-yes, Tommy Shaw<-yes, Ted[what other Ted is there Unc?, That cat from Nightranger
6. What (group and song) was the first video on MTV?
Video killed the Radio star-Ben Folds Five <-no

Buggles, Bugles, some crap like that

unclehobart

I know you meant Ted Nugent... Its just that hes already been answered by someone else and I just let it go. I know that you knew... and you knew that I should have known that you knew... and that therefore you would have not needed to even answer the question at all since I would have scored you correctly for it knowing that I knew you knew it.

AlphaTroll

unclehobart said:
1. Who was the founder of Lilith Fair?
2. What member of a duo that teamed up after 20 years apart was just busted for pot posession?
3. Paul, George and Ringo of the Beatles came together to play Let It Be in 1998. It was the first time they were together since 1969. What was the event?
4. REM wrote Man on the Moon.. of the movie of the same name. Who was the movie based upon?
5. Name the front men for: the WHO, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Talking Heads, and the Stone Temple Pilots

1. Jen Schmidt
3. Dunno the event, but Linda McCartney died of cancer that year.
4.Andy Kaufman
5. The Who - Roger Daltrey / Chilli Peppers - Anthony Kiedis / Talking Heads - David Byrne / STP - Scott Weiland

unc said:
1. Its time to come together. Whats your pleasure. Its up to you.
2. So hard to find my way home. I saw you just the other day. My... how you have grown.
3. Its all the same. Only the names will change.
4. Red light, yellow light, green light go.

1. Celebration (Kool & The Gang?)
2. Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
3. Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
4. Pour Some Sugar on Me (Def Leppard)

unc said:
1. Name the 4 people that comprised the group the Damn Yankees.
2. Comedian Jack Black was the front man for what ficticious group?
3. What is JaRules real last name?
4. When Roger Waters left Pink Floyd, what did he sue the remaining band members over?
5. Which NSYNC member was the lead judge for the most Talented Kid in America contest?
6. What (group and song) was the first video on MTV?

1. Ted Nugent, Tommy Shaw, Jake/John Blad & some other dude on drugs
2. Dunno 'bout a ficticious group, but I know Jack Black's in Tenacious D
3. Hughes?
4. He left the band & found out the rest were still using the name Pink Floyd for their band, so he tried suing them for rights to the name.
5. Blah - Justin Timberlake?
6. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

unclehobart

1. Jen Schmidt <-no
3. Dunno the event, but Linda McCartney died of cancer that year.<-yes... twas her funeral that they did it.
4.Andy Kaufman<-yes
5. The Who - Roger Daltrey / Chilli Peppers - Anthony Kiedis / Talking Heads - David Byrne / STP - Scott Weiland<-yes

1. Celebration (Kool & The Gang?)
2. Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
3. Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
4. Pour Some Sugar on Me (Def Leppard)<- yes to all

1. Ted Nugent, Tommy Shaw, Jake/John Blad & some other dude on drugs<-50/50 :)
2. Dunno 'bout a ficticious group, but I know Jack Black's in Tenacious D<-yes
3. Hughes? <-no
4. He left the band & found out the rest were still using the name Pink Floyd for their band, so he tried suing them for rights to the name.<-yes
5. Blah - Justin Timberlake? <-no
6. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody <-no

AlphaTroll

Argh - I'm a ditz....first music vid ever on MTV was Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles (Queen had the first vid ever made or summin)

*Memmo to Moi.....frikkin retard!*

Lilith Fair - Sarah McLachlan and I should know this since I had a fight with someone about artists with issues :rolleyes:

Unc - give us a clue with that 20 year duo thing?

Dave

unclehobart said:
1. Who was the founder of Lilith Fair?
2. What member of a duo that teamed up after 20 years apart was just busted for pot posession?
3. Paul, George and Ringo of the Beatles came together to play Let It Be in 1998. It was the first time they were together since 1969. What was the event?
4. REM wrote Man on the Moon.. of the movie of the same name. Who was the movie based upon?
5. Name the front men for: the WHO, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Talking Heads, and the Stone Temple Pilots
1. Sarah Maclaughlin
2. Simon and Garfunkle
3. ?
4. Andy Kaufman
5. Roger Daltry, Anthony Keidas (?sp), can see his face, cant think of his name, Scott Weiland

i didnt look at the other replies....really..i didn't...

edit : David Byrne...damn slow memory...