Uncle Sams new toy

HeXp£Øi±

In production under the supervision of Lockheed Martin as of today.

The F-35

x35_04.jpg

x35_schem_03.jpg

More pics...

greenfreak

Oooh I wonder if it's being built here. We have an old Grumman plant that Lockheed Martin bought a while back in Bethpage Long Island.

unclehobart

These kinds of things usually have 1000+ subcontractors in all 50 states. The F-22 Raptor being built in Marietta, GA is actually just a testing bed and final assembly point bringing together engines from East Hartford, CT and body components from Seattle, Ft Worth, and several points all over California. God knows where the central hush-hush computer harness comes from.

HeXp£Øi±

From the little i heard yes, it will be built here in the US but like Unc said only god knows where.

My question is...will we ever stop kicking ass!?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I fell in love with this thing when it was okayed. Can I have two? Commutes would be a breeze.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
I fell in love with this thing when it was okayed. Can I have two? Commutes would be a breeze.

And you could strafe slow drivers in the fast lane. Note that there is nothing in my being that understands the concept of too fast. I think it needs more thrust. :D

The_Lost_Enigma

Woo Hoo, another jet aircraft!!!

It's kick ass and all, but can we get some new technology here?
100 years from now...

'The latest in flight technolgy, 3 engines, buring 50% more fuel to go 25% faster than the last model. The only problem is, we'll run out of gas in 12 hours, get your fly'n in now guys!'

Has anybody heard about any new aircraft designes that dont run of fossil fuels, or some kind of radical advance in flight?

HeXp£Øi±

We have birds that go much faster than these but there's just no need for that kind of speed in combat situations. Besides, you probably don't want to try firing a heat-seeking missile that travels at 3000mph when your own aircraft is cruising at 4000.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
The_Lost_Enigma said:
Woo Hoo, another jet aircraft!!!

It's kick ass and all, but can we get some new technology here?
100 years from now...

'The latest in flight technolgy, 3 engines, buring 50% more fuel to go 25% faster than the last model. The only problem is, we'll run out of gas in 12 hours, get your fly'n in now guys!'

Has anybody heard about any new aircraft designes that dont run of fossil fuels, or some kind of radical advance in flight?

Because the last thing you want near a hot jet is liquid...or gaseous...hydrogen. ;)