Unhappy with your job?

Aunty Em

Shadowfax said:
yeah i mean...look at that mouse...that's not very ergonomic...it's a pity :nono:

Actually the fat guy looks like he's gonna get serious problems as his monitor is at the wrong height. When mine was too low I got a cervical strain at C4 (RSI) which caused half my left hand and forearm to go numb and prevented me from typing, gripping or using that hand properly for over a year even with treatment and correcting the height problem. It was damn painful too! It's been back now for about 4 months and I'm only just beginnning to type properly again with all my fingers, though I still have a tendency to only use my thumb and index finger on my left hand - it didn't affect my typing speed much though since I've been typing for over 30 years....

That's why my monitor is now raised off the desk @ the correct height for me. Your eyes should be level with the top of the screen.

Altron

Shit!
My monitor is a few inches above eye level
And I can't do anything to fix it, i'm 6'1" and don't expect to get much taller, and my monitor is 22", right on my desk. can't lower it
:(:(:(:(:(:(
:(:(:(

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
get a higher chair....i mean, i'm shorter than you are, and even I manage to get onto the right height :D

Altron

It's my table. Most are like 30" high, mine is about 6" more, plus a really big monitor. The chair is also normal height for a computer chair.
Next time I am building me own table, I found 22" mnitors sit best 30" off the ground :)

Altron said:
Shit!
And I can't do anything to fix it, i'm 6'1" and don't expect to get much taller, and my monitor is 22", right on my desk. can't lower it

you're 13 and 6 1? DAMN boy, you gonna be the NBA's dream in a few years :D

Aunty Em

Altron said:
Shit!

But are you taller than your uncles, grandfathers, great grandfathers or great uncles. On both sides of my family my great uncles were all well over 6'. So genetically I am the odd one out in my family as I'm only 5'8" - my sister was 6'1".

Both my brothers didn't stop growing until they were in their late teens, and had growth spurts @ about 16, as you know they are 6'8" and 6'9" respectively. Officially the epiphiseal plates(growing points) at the ends of your long bones don't close until you are about 21 so there's still plenty of time for you to get taller. :)

Altron

Family members who are taller than me
My cousin (he is 15 or 16, about 2 years older than me)
My aunt
2 of my uncles

Don't know about any great-uncles, but I am taller than my grandparents.