Universal Service

spike

That's a NYTimes story about "The One" changing his mind on closing Club Gitmo.........

I thought Bush was "The One". Anyway, that article actually doesn't say that Obama has changed his mind about Gitmo. Sorry Cerise.

jimpeel

Okay. I'll explain it for the addleminded.

If the rich are feeling the pinch of the declining economy they cannot, or will not, do the things they usually do. These things usually entail activities which create employment for those who service them. If they don't do those activities, there is no employment for those who service their needs.

So, in this depressed economy, Obama wants to take away even more of the disposable income of the "rich" -- an academic term dependent on who is saying it at the time -- so they will be even less disposed to do the things they usually do which then requires even less people be employed to service them.

Get it?

Obama doesn't have a lick of sense on what drives economies. He thinks it is taxes. In reality, it is jobs and those jobs will continue to disappear as he rapes those who employ people.

The only growth industry in America today is government and they don't do it on the backs of the rich. They do it on the backs of the poor who get the costs of the rich passed on to them in higher costs for goods and services.

spike

Okay. I'll explain it for the addleminded.

If the rich are feeling the pinch of the declining economy they cannot, or will not, do the things they usually do. These things usually entail activities which create employment for those who service them. If they don't do those activities, there is no employment for those who service their needs.

People that make under $250k also participate in activities such as skiing/snowboarding. Since these people will have more money under Obama's plan and there are a hell of a lot more of them than people that make over $250k the ski resorts will likely see an increase in business and therefore be able to employ more people.

Not that people who make over $250k are likely to stop skiing because their taxes went up a little.

Any chance you want to have this discussion without trolling with insults. I noticed you've been sliding back into that mode lately.

GrandCaravanSE

By "military" do you mean the individual service men and women?

In that case are you saying volunteering yourself for armed service to your country, while realizing very well that you could be injured or killed, is exactly like receiving government funded welfare?

:rolleyes:

you kniow thw Military, the one Bush is useing to "fight" agianst "Weapons of Mass Destruction"

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since these people will have more money under Obama's plan and there are a hell of a lot more of them than people that make over $250k the ski resorts will likely see an increase in business and therefore be able to employ more people

Simply, albeit crudely, go piss up a rope. Does is ascend or descend? Same with economics.

spike

The most brilliant economic minds always just analyze urine.

But wait, if I piss in the snow the steam rises, so economics must ascend then.