Upgrade

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I have upgraded myself with a new laptop

:D

finaally an up to date machine, dual core 3gigs of ram..

I think i need to go buy a wireless router though

and fix vista home...with ubuntu dual boot

Acer 6530 if you need to mock my taste in computers

chcr

Too cute for words
Please tell me you got home premium. Then, just look online to see what needs to be turned off. After that, Vista works okay. Ubuntu will work better though, you're right there. Are we up to Jaunty Jackalope yet? :D

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Please tell me you got home premium. Then, just look online to see what needs to be turned off. After that, Vista works okay. Ubuntu will work better though, you're right there. Are we up to Jaunty Jackalope yet? :D

I have vista at work, so I know what to turn off, just haven't gotten around to it yet, tomorrow at work I get to install CS4 and all the stuff I need for work, then I will fix the settings, and yes, home premium.

pc_builder

I just bought an Acer laptop from walmart for myself. It's the 5515 with a single core athlon 2650e (1.6ghz), 3gb ram, 160gb hdd, dvd burner... and vista home basic :blank:

I've been playing with it all weekend and I like it. It's not my dream laptop (alienware area51m or dell xps) but for $350, I'm happy. I'll have to check online to see what I have to turn off. :D

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I just bought an Acer laptop from walmart for myself. It's the 5515 with a single core athlon 2650e (1.6ghz), 3gb ram, 160gb hdd, dvd burner... and vista home basic :blank:

I've been playing with it all weekend and I like it. It's not my dream laptop (alienware area51m or dell xps) but for $350, I'm happy. I'll have to check online to see what I have to turn off. :D

User account control!!

control panel/users

it's in there

right now trying to delete all the crap

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My Toshiba took a crap just before Christmas & I also got an Acer 4730. Cheap & does what little I need it for.

Inkara1

I'm still using the Gateway MX7118 from three years ago... of course, it's not my main computer so that might make a difference.

pc_builder

I took care of uac on the second day... after I got tired of the extra annoyance. :D

I uninstalled a bunch of the trialware and mcaffee. got avg and openoffice going. And several games.

valkyrie

I have upgraded myself with a new laptop

:D

finaally an up to date machine, dual core 3gigs of ram..

I think i need to go buy a wireless router though

and fix vista home...with ubuntu dual boot

Acer 6530 if you need to mock my taste in computers
Which Ubuntu are you using?

pc_builder

I don't know what version he's going with, but I have a disc I downloaded awhile ago of xubuntu 8.04

Got a machine at home waiting for it. Just need to get a monitor.