"US attacks Israel's cluster bomb use"

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Win a war but don't hurt anybody?

Can anyone say Dresden?

Dresden_1945.jpg

MrBishop

Um, I think they are made to take out Anything.
The bombs don't discriminate.

Use them on groupings of soldiers, tanks, as mine laying or to disrupt airport runways yes... use on civilian populations? I don't think so, Tim.

Bombs may not discriminate...but those dropping the bombs are asked to do so. In this case, by the Americans. And the USA is being ignored and snubbed by the Israelis.

catocom

And the USA is being ignored and snubbed by the Israelis.

I see that as a good thing.
Maybe they'll take out a big chunk of Iran next.

IMO our government is talking out of both sides of the mouth.:shrug:

I don't believe a war can be won, unless civilian causalities standards are lowered.
The other side doesn't give a shit about civilians, so where's the outrage
for about that.

Rules for war are no good, if one of either side doesn't go by them.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Use them on groupings of soldiers, tanks, as mine laying or to disrupt airport runways yes... use on civilian populations? I don't think so, Tim.

Let's make a deal. Stop Hezbollah & similar groups from hiding in civilian areas & I'll join your crusade against cluster bombs on Main St. They use those areas, they get bombed there.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Wheat with the chaff...and loot-bags for all the kiddies coming to the party.

Make war civilized and thats all you will have...is that what you want?

BTW...who was passing out candy and sweets after the towers fell? Who was handing out cash to the 'suicide' bombers who boarded buses full of civilians? You want to talk about passing out loot to the kiddies? *handonhip

MrBishop

I was actually talking about unexploded ordinances, Gato. Especially with cluster bombs (6000 bomblets per in some cases). I don't think that I need to mention the spread of these bomblets, making them less than accurate weapons. Hell, the ones with little parachutes can travel miles out of their way with a half-decent breeze. :shrug:

Gato_Solo

I was actually talking about unexploded ordinances, Gato. Especially with cluster bombs (6000 bomblets per in some cases). I don't think that I need to mention the spread of these bomblets, making them less than accurate weapons. Hell, the ones with little parachutes can travel miles out of their way with a half-decent breeze. :shrug:

So was I. FWIW, they're still finding UXO's from WWI in France.

MrBishop

Let's make a deal. Stop Hezbollah & similar groups from hiding in civilian areas & I'll join your crusade against cluster bombs on Main St. They use those areas, they get bombed there.

That's where they live. :shrug:
Do you seriously expect them all to line up outside the city like in the 1800's, and wait for the enemy army to line up in front of them and make it a fair fight?

Destroying a neighborhood and killing hundreds of innocents in order to kill a handful of terrorists is not going to reduce the number of terrorists. It will increase recruiting tho'.

Before you say something trite like "The people should kick them out of the cities" - that'd be great if they all wore badges and were easily identifiable...and unarmed, of course. Because expecting unarmed civilians to know who is a terrorist and who isn't and then force armed gunmen out with their bare hands is going to happen every day. Right?

Hell, it happens with crack houses and gang headquarters all over America, every day.

Gato_Solo

That's where they live. :shrug:
Do you seriously expect them all to line up outside the city like in the 1800's, and wait for the enemy army to line up in front of them and make it a fair fight?

Destroying a neighborhood and killing hundreds of innocents in order to kill a handful of terrorists is not going to reduce the number of terrorists. It will increase recruiting tho'.

Not if you use enough ordinance...

MrBishop said:
Before you say something trite like "The people should kick them out of the cities" - that'd be great if they all wore badges and were easily identifiable...and unarmed, of course. Because expecting unarmed civilians to know who is a terrorist and who isn't and then force armed gunmen out with their bare hands is going to happen every day. Right?

If your neighbors are gun-toting terrorists, and you knew the trouble they'd bring, wouldn't you?

Bish said:
Hell, it happens with crack houses and gang headquarters all over America, every day.

Anonymous calls go out to the police all the time...and in some cases, it works.

catocom

One reason that IMO the census briefly mentioned by the pres., as part
of the new strategy, is one of the most important things to do.

It won't get done though, completely. Hell it won't even be done here.