Valentine's Day!!!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
One year, I will get you all up here for the snow. I will.

So you WANT to kill her? I think her body might ACTUALLY go into shock...not to mention she's never said how she feels about flying...a roadtrip in the winter is way to dangerous...

Professur

Nixy said:
So you WANT to kill her? I think her body might ACTUALLY go into shock...not to mention she's never said how she feels about flying...a roadtrip in the winter is way to dangerous...

Will you get serious??? If need be, I'll rent a bus and go pick them up. And for the record, winters in Glasgow don't get any colder than Atlanta, and I adjusted fine.

tonksy

It snowed here on monday! For like 3 minutes! Actually, it snowed twice! Once for about 3 minutes while we were in the car. I rolled down the windows and caught snowflakes. The second time was actually educational. I was in a thrift shop and suddenly like 9 voices shouted in unison "neb-bay!" so I heard nueve and was confused. "neb-bay" is snow in spanish! So then I got to teach an old hispanic lady to say snow :D

Uki Chick

If immigrants from places like Cuba, Costa Rica and warm places like that are able to move here and adjust, than others can adjust as well.

Professur

Inkara1 said:
Taking Christina for a midweek night at Sycamore Mineral Springs.

From their FAQ

Q: Do all of your rooms have hot tubs?

A: Yes, every room on the resort has a patio with a hot tub. Many of them with sulfur mineral water, others have fresh water from a separate on site well
Q: What are your room rates?

A: Our room rates vary from day to day. A number of factors including room type, dates of stay, and length of stay affect the rate. Generally speaking our rooms can range from $165 per night to $890 a night.
Q: What is a “Resort Fee” and why do you charge it?

A: Sycamore includes a much great number of services with our resort fee. In addition to pool access guests gain

* Unlimited admission to all Yoga, Pilates, and Thai Classes offered in our Healing Arts Centre
* Free Admission to our hiking program as well as our hiking trails (you can walk ... for free!!!)
* Free Admission to our sister property Avila Hot Springs
* ½ off all hot tub rentals (I thought they were free with the room)
* Complimentary 24-hour bell services (not including the $10 tip)
* Complimentary in room coffee and bottled water
* Free parking. (no valet?)

I always wonder why they use the word free .... when they charge a resort fee. It's not free. It's not complimentary. You just paid for it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
I always wonder why they use the word free .... when they charge a resort fee. It's not free. It's not complimentary. You just paid for it.

hahah I remember I stayed in a hotel one time and upon check out I decided that if the packets of coffee next to the machine were INCLUDED in the room I wanted to take them...so I called the front desk and said "Are the packets of coffee by the coffee machine INCLUDED in the room?" she says "Yes those are complimentary, the ones in the mini-bar you have to pay for though."...I got off the phone and YELLED "I paid $200 for this room, complementary my ass!!"