van halen fans....who was better, roth or hagar

david lee roth or sammy hagar, who was better with van halen?

• david lee roth

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • sammy hagar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i hate van halen & just like to take polls

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

lorrimar

my band mates & i were having a drunken argument last night about which singer was better in van halen, david lee roth or sammy hagar. i think it was david lee roth but other people disagree with me. i figured that i would post the question here so that we could finally have a definitive answer once & for all.
:hairbang:

Ardsgaine

Roth was an insufferable, drug-addled jerk, while Hagar seems to be a very pleasant, responsible sort of fellow... unfortunately, Roth was the better singer and showman (assuming he was sober enough to stand up). I would rather be in a band with Hagar as lead singer, but I would rather see a band with Roth as lead singer (assuming he was sober enough to stand up).

Basically, I prefer the music Van Halen did with Roth, but I don't blame them for kicking him out.

flavio

Banned
Van Halen became started to be entirely boring with the release of the cheesy 1984 album and then got worse. Hagar was boring as well.

Van Halen I, Fair Warning, Women and Children First were all good stuff but they got stupid.

nalani

while I liked both, Roth seemed to have a better rapport with the band overall ... they are both great performers, but that's about it ..

to be honest, I am an Alex Van Halen fan .. always have been .. always will be ... :)

nalani

alwayenoughram said:
We don't like your American music here in NZ. You Americans think you are so much. Lamos. :rolleyes:

*whew* .. then I guess it's a lucky thing I don't consider myself american .... oh wait a minute ... I just realized something .. I don't really care what you think ... :rolleyes: :headbang:

Winky

Van Haggar Bleh,
Sammy is actually a real musician (singer?) heh

But Dave? He's a bloomin' Icon!

Inkara1

It occurred to me that one thing Van Halen and AC/DC have in common is that both their original frontmen were more fun-loving, and both bands seemed to take a harder, edgier sound with the new guy. One difference, though, is that Roth didn't drink himself to death like Bon Scott.

IDLEchild

"I won't go down in history, but i'll go down on your sister" ~ Roth

Roth had the personality and for whatever it's worth; The looks between the two.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
tonksy said:
:hmm:
i like them both.....but i'm a chick so i like sammy more.
And I think that really sums it up. VH with Dave was Sex, Drugs, Rock n Roll and Sex. Sammy came along and wrote love songs, chick songs. Not that they weren't good, but they just weren't Diamond Dave material.