Violent anti-war protests if there is such a thing.

ol' man

Apparently the rally was anti-war but violent with bombs and such being thrown? Hmm I am not sure I would call this anti-war? I think the term anti-(U.S., Britain, Italian) would be more appropriate.

ATHENS, Greece -- Demonstrations against the war in Iraq turned violent Wednesday as protesters clashed with police, torched banks and smashed shopfronts in central Athens near the site where EU leaders are meeting.

Disagreements over the conflict are likely to overshadow proceedings inside the meeting too, where the heads of all 15 European Union members are meeting to formally welcome 10 more nations -- mainly from central and eastern Europe.

The street violence erupted after hundreds of demonstrators attempted to break through police lines in Syntagma Square, hundreds of meters from the EU summit, news agencies reported.

Police fired tear gas into the crowd after protesters set fire to bank buildings and smashed the windows of stores and vehicles.

The streets were filled with a whole lotta Peace and Love.

chcr

Too cute for words
Yeah, back in the sixties and early seventies, I could never understand the whole "peace or I'll kill ya" mentality.

Jeslek

Banned
Its amazing how the pro-war rallies usually end up with people being very peaceful, laughing, cheering. No destruction, no Molotov cocktails, no giving the finger and swearing at your children, etc.

ol' man

Jeslek said:
Its amazing how the pro-war rallies usually end up with people being very peaceful, laughing, cheering. No destruction, no Molotov cocktails, no giving the finger and swearing at your children, etc.

Yeah, isn't that interesting?

freako104

Jeslek said:

not always but like i said i do hate hypocrisy and some anti-war protesters are making me ashamed to be one

chcr said:
I guess that whole Kent State thing was just my imagination.

so i was taught bs by people who told me about it?

flavio

Banned
Can you be against some type of food but still eat other food?

Can you think one war is unjust but some battles are worth fighting for?

chcr

Too cute for words
*Sigh* My point was there are plenty of idiots to go around, on both sides of the issue.

ol' man

flavio said:
Can you be against some type of food but still eat other food?

Can you think one war is unjust but some battles are worth fighting for?

Battle for Bagdad, Battle against terrorism, battle against those that would kill thy brother and in doing so we hath great vengence and awesome fury. Yes the war is unjust. That war which hath lasted 10,000 years or better. Yes it is unjust but arn't all wars? Unfair and unjust are words that explain the history of man quite well. And who started the war is not a concern anymore but more importent is who will finish it for 10,000 years is along time to be at war with ones self.

Mulletron

w00t: 1st post!

The problem is that not all the people who attend Anti-war protests are anti war. For example there are some people who attend in order to cause violence, its a similar situation to football. Some people attend matches to get into a fight, but that doesn't make all football fans bad.

And freako, you should never be ashamed of your beliefs, no matter who you agree with.

freako104

i know but its that little bit of us who make us look bad :shrug: i keep hoping i wont be affiliated with them by anyone. thanks for your post mulletron :)