"W32.spybot.Worm"

BlurOfSerenity

HomeLAN said:
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=100282

Been screwing around on Kazaa, have we?

Run a virus scan with Norton or McAfee, with up to date definitions. Should cure it.

thanks for the link!

but i'm confused, as on kazaa, i only download like one or two songs every couple of weeks, and i dont download exe thingies from kazaa.

should i be careful with my passwords, as in, not go anywhere i want "them" to stay out of, until i can get rid of it?

(oh, and THANK GOD i backed up my files just the other day)

but as i said, i'm running norton as i speak, and it'll hopefully fix it.

BlurOfSerenity

ok... it finished scanning, and it found some trojan horses...
so i quarrantined them....

what does that mean, and what does it do?

and how useful is it?

and what coul dit be masquerading as?

and what will it do to me??

and a mass of other questions??

look...

[attachment]http://www.otcentral.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=198616[/attachment]

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Quarrantined means that Norton knows about them won't let them reproduce, or run. It effectively stops the virus. Now, if you look towards the bottom of that box, there should be a delete button as well, go ahead and do that too.

B

Bubba

If you look in C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\Incoming or C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\

you should be able to find the files it put there and delete them with windows explorer.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
No, it's not risky at all. I really thought Norton gave you the option of deleting them though. Open up Nortons help and do a search for quarrantine. It will tell you there what to do with them. I'd do it but I'm at work and we use Mcafee here.

Mirlyn

Open Norton and go to Reports and then next to Quarantine click View Report

You should see a window like whats attached. Click on the virus name and then click delete. :headbang:

HomeLAN

Sorry, left town before you got back to the thread.

The only link to Kazaa is that it implants itself in Kazaa's registry keys. Pretty common, and another reason I don't like file sharing programs.

drkavnger99

:rofl2: I run virus scan bi-daily on my pc's at home and you know what I have to find where that worm she got (and I now have too) is reproducing from because I scan find it then delete it the rescan its gone and 12 hours later its back popping up norton has found it again so I go thru deleting it again and it happens again! Persistant little shite :)