Want to talk about your job(s)?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
My Job. Ok, what do I do here? I post on forums. I read email, I read comics, and I babysit puters. Not little puters but a mainframe and an AS/400. I basically just sit here about 60% of the time, but work my butt off the other 40.

A.B.Normal

I work at in the Bakery @ Costco and on occasion the tireshop .As Parttime I'm guaranteed 25hrs/week ,but 80% of the time its closer to 40hrs/week.I make $14.25/hr and get significant raises every 800hrs worked until I reach the top rate of $19.90/hr.I absofriggginlutely love my job(s) .

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
PuterTutor said:
My Job. Ok, what do I do here? I post on forums. I read email, I read comics, and I babysit puters. Not little puters but a mainframe and an AS/400. I basically just sit here about 60% of the time, but work my butt off the other 40.

Yeah...read emails (and PMs) but don't answer them *handonhip

ris

i'm a semi-qualified architect for a company in bath. hopefully in a years time i'll have my riba pt 3 anmd can call myself an architect and attract all the wonderous respect and other liabilities that come with the job.

9-6 i design stuff, at the moment its a swimming pool for the local authority, budget around £6m. its hopefully going to secure planning in a month or so and thenm start on site middle of next year. i've also got a £5.5m housing project on site in london that is a week from final completion and looking nice.

i get paid enough, although i love what i do enough that money isn't that important to my job.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Nixy said:
Yeah...read emails (and PMs) but don't answer them *handonhip
oops. Actually I read that yesterday at home. Meant to get on that this morning. oops. :blush:

Forgive me?

MrBishop

M-F 9-noon , I'm a Parish Administrator for an Anglican church. I do everything there short of actually preaching, from weekly bulletins, to arranging funerals, and marriages. I do some AP/AR work for them sometimes. $15/hr

Mon and Wed 1-4:30, I work as a 'floater' at the Synod Offices of the Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada. SOmetimes I do reception, sometimes, security and sometimes...I either help edit the Montreal Anglican newspaper or do design work on whatever mailouts need going out. I earn between $12 and $15/hr depending on where I'm floating at the time.

Every other possible moment, I'm a freelance Graphic/Web designer. When I am working, I'm earning between $200-600/hour. *That's using the new-math* Effectivly...If I charge $50 for something that takes me 10-15 mins to do...that's $300/hr. If I charge $2500 for a web-site that takes me all of 5 hours to put together and put up...that's $500/hr. You get the idea.

I LOVE freelance graphic design...but there are not enough gigs to pay the rent...so...it's off to church I go :D

BlurOfSerenity

FluerVanderloo said:
My second job is at A.C. Moore.

i love that store! which location are you at? i only know of two : the one in glen burnie and the one in white marsh... are you at either of those? *marries the store cos she loves it so much* i was going to apply for there last year but i didn't drive and it's a bit of a haul for me, so i didn't apply... lol, i still can't drive.

i work in a photo lab run by Qualex, Inc! i've been working there for... wow... a year and two days! but i've had the job for almost a year and a month. it's my first job. i think i got pretty lucky for my first job... a lot of kids i know do stuff they hate and get crap pay and crap hours, and have crap coworkers and managers. i make $8/hr... which isn't bad considering how little work i actually have to do. i may get a raise soon, too. i only ever really see two of my coworkers, and i consider them both friends. one of them is my manager. he is so awesome. i only work a couple days a week, but that's ok with me for right now.
also, our little store is inside a BJ's Wholesale Club. (i've already heard all the jokes :lol2: ) i have a lot of friends there too.

i am kind of looking for a second job, tho... my friend works at Medieval Times and i want to too. ... and i could be a photo wench there too ^_^

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
PuterTutor said:
oops. Actually I read that yesterday at home. Meant to get on that this morning. oops. :blush:

Forgive me?

If yer still my sugar daddy :D

You've been gone so long!!! My underwear drawer is getting pretty empty...I keep leavin' them places!!!

:rofl4:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have a full time job: study. After finishing it is most likely I'll get another job for 3 years: the doctorate.

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
I'm the resident computer diety for the financial deployment devision of the residential cabling devision of the local phone company.

And CB, don't feel so limited. Why stop at teaching. ;)

I've just noticed this!

:rolleyes:

FluerVanderloo

ash r said:
i love that store! which location are you at? i only know of two : the one in glen burnie and the one in white marsh... are you at either of those? *marries the store cos she loves it so much* i was going to apply for there last year but i didn't drive and it's a bit of a haul for me, so i didn't apply... lol, i still can't drive.

I work at the White Marsh store. So does my momma, I got her the job. Come visit me sometime!

i am kind of looking for a second job, tho... my friend works at Medieval Times and i want to too. ... and i could be a photo wench there too ^_^

Medieval Times rocks my socks. I fell in love with one of the knights. Made sure to get two pictures with him :) It was awesome though, because we went in authentic Renn Fest garb. So many stares....and someone was dared to pet my tail :D

BlurOfSerenity

FluerVanderloo said:
I work at the White Marsh store. So does my momma, I got her the job. Come visit me sometime!

ok! i'll get out there as soon as i can ^_^ what's your real name, so i can confirm your identity by your nametag or ask after you if i dont' see you?

Medieval Times rocks my socks. I fell in love with one of the knights. Made sure to get two pictures with him :) It was awesome though, because we went in authentic Renn Fest garb. So many stares....and someone was dared to pet my tail :D

my friend who works there is in pursuit of one of the knights, lol. it's funny, cos i get kind of a day-to-day update from her on how that's going, and one of the princesses is really slutty (we call her Slut-Princess), and is 'competing' with my friend over the knight, all trying to get his attention and blatantly coming on to him and stuff, and totally not realizing that there really IS no competition, cos, well, she's a dirty ho. XD
there's a lot of scandal in that place, actually. it's fun to hear about

and, i love those tails! my friend i went to rennfest with one year had one, and an acquaintance of mine has one on his keychain, so it hangs out of his pocket when he puts his keys in it. it's an identifying characteristic of him ^_^

FluerVanderloo

ash r said:
ok! i'll get out there as soon as i can ^_^ what's your real name, so i can confirm your identity by your nametag or ask after you if i dont' see you?

'Tis Monica.

ash r said:
my friend who works there is in pursuit of one of the knights, lol. it's funny, cos i get kind of a day-to-day update from her on how that's going, and one of the princesses is really slutty (we call her Slut-Princess), and is 'competing' with my friend over the knight, all trying to get his attention and blatantly coming on to him and stuff, and totally not realizing that there really IS no competition, cos, well, she's a dirty ho. XD
there's a lot of scandal in that place, actually. it's fun to hear about

and, i love those tails! my friend i went to rennfest with one year had one, and an acquaintance of mine has one on his keychain, so it hangs out of his pocket when he puts his keys in it. it's an identifying characteristic of him ^_^

Does he have shoulder length dark wavy hair? I think he was the only one with wavy dark hair when I went. Otherwise, I'll just scan that picture to show yah.