War on Terror

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Ummm...you can see the link before you open the file...Guess you ignore quite a bit of information when you don't agree with the poster, right?
Exactly, I could see that it was a zip. Which people shouldn't download from unknown sources. Get it yet?

chcr

Too cute for words
flavio said:
Exactly, I could see that it was a zip. Which people shouldn't download from unknown sources. Get it yet?
I'm with ya on this one flavio, two kinds of paranoia after all...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
I'm with ya on this one flavio, two kinds of paranoia after all...

The source wasn't unknown, as he alleges. It is both on the task bar and, if you move the download box down 1/2 inch, it shows up on the explorer bar, too. Ain't science wonderful?

catocom

Gato_Solo said:
The source wasn't unknown, as he alleges. It is both on the task bar and, if you move the download box down 1/2 inch, it show up on the explorer bar, too. Ain't science wonderful?
I was going to explain farther there, but ...I usually get paid for that. :p

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
The source wasn't unknown, as he alleges. It is both on the task bar and, if you move the download box down 1/2 inch, it shows up on the explorer bar, too. Ain't science wonderful?
I understand, but I don't open zip files from hardly anybody. If I get one in e'mail I call the person and ask them what it is and whay they sent it and I never open one off the web.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Opening a zip file is safe. Decompressing and opening the documents it contained can be dangerous thou.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
I understand, but I don't open zip files from hardly anybody. If I get one in e'mail I call the person and ask them what it is and whay they sent it and I never open one off the web.

I kinda figured you did. I was just explaining my point further. Have you opened it, BTW?

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
I saw the source. I don't know that source, never heard of them (hence unknown source). Are you getting the idea yet?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
usually, if I see it's sound file or a zip (or one of the billions of forwarded email jokes) it just get shut down & ignored.

1.gif

A.B.Normal said:
The terrorist situation never existed in Iraq prior to the US going in,so to now say "see we were right" ,because the Iraq situation has attracted them is ludicrous.

You simply can't use a situation you've created to justify why you went in originally. :lol2:

4.gif

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/550kmbzd.asp

THE FORMER IRAQI REGIME OF Saddam Hussein trained thousands of radical Islamic terrorists from the region at camps in Iraq over the four years immediately preceding the U.S. invasion, according to documents and photographs recovered by the U.S. military in postwar Iraq. The existence and character of these documents has been confirmed to THE WEEKLY STANDARD by eleven U.S. government officials.

The secret training took place primarily at three camps--in Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak--and was directed by elite Iraqi military units. Interviews by U.S. government interrogators with Iraqi regime officials and military leaders corroborate the documentary evidence. Many of the fighters were drawn from terrorist groups in northern Africa with close ties to al Qaeda, chief among them Algeria's GSPC and the Sudanese Islamic Army. Some 2,000 terrorists were trained at these Iraqi camps each year from 1999 to 2002, putting the total number at or above 8,000.

Saddam had absolutely no idea terrorists were in his country. You can't expect a dictator with near absolute control over a country to know about little things like terrorist camps in his borders. He wouldn't know anything at all about terror training camps. He wouldn't be the one that supplied aircraft mockups for practice hijackings either.

Terrorism was contained until Bush took office, but then it leaked out in a nuclear-scale attack on 9-11. Bush's illegal/immoral invasion of a soverign nation created the "terrorist situation." It's all Bush's fault! Cheney and Rove were in on it too!

highwayman

The Other One said:
Terrorism was contained until Bush took office, but then it leaked out in a nuclear-scale attack on 9-11. Bush's illegal/immoral invasion of a soverign nation created the "terrorist situation." It's all Bush's fault! Cheney and Rove were in on it too!

With that logic why don't you go back another step, how did Bush cause 9-11?

chcr

Too cute for words
highwayman said:
What, like the butterfly flapping it's wings and causing a hurricane????

highwayman said:

I was only being sarcastic, talking the libspeak; but if I WAS being serious when saying that President Bush caused 9-11, perhaps I would point to the fact that it was because he was distracted by not only having to wait out the end of the disastrous Democrat debacle of the Florida recount-- he also had to wait until that summer for his national security appointments to be approved by the THEN Democrat controlled Senate that insisted on dragging out the process....why didn't he tell them he had a premonition that something bad was going to happen??---damnit!!

Why didn't he take bin Laden seriously when he said "We love death. The US loves life. That is the big difference between us"? Talk about your red flags...No, that was said after 9-11. Still, Bush should have known what bin Laden would ramble about.

Bushs' predecessor was scared to death to act; he deliberately ignored the problem of terrorism and passed it down the road to protect his legacy:

Hijackers 'identified pre-9/11'
World Trade Center, 11 September 2001
The remarks will fuel controversy over missed chances to prevent 9/11

A year before the 9/11 attacks a secret US intelligence unit had identified four of the hijackers as likely linked to al-Qaeda, a US congressman says.

But the unit's request for the FBI to be informed was turned down, according to Representative Curt Weldon.

One of the men identified was said to be 9/11 ringleader Mohammed Atta.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4135400.stm

In September 2000, one year before the Al Qaeda attacks of 9/11, a U.S. Army military intelligence program, known as “Able Danger,” identified a terrorist cell based in Brooklyn, NY, one of whose members was 9/11 ringleader Mohammed Atta, and recommended to their military superiors that the FBI be called in to “take out that cell,”

The recommendation to bring down that New York City cell -- in which two other Al Qaeda terrorists were also active -- was not pursued during the weeks leading up to the 2000 presidential election, said Weldon. That’s because Mohammed Atta possessed a “green card” at the time and Defense Department lawyers did not want to recommend that the FBI go after someone holding a green card...
http://www.gsnmagazine.com/aug_05/dod_lawyers.html

I think the only time Bubba ever said a prayer was during the impeachment trial and when HE WAS PRESENTED EVIDENCE that the Islamofascists were planning to attack this country.:

http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/clintonr.htm -- http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/pentagon.htm

He didn't pray for the safety of the country but rather prayed that something would happen on somebody else's watch:

WASHINGTON - President Clinton's national security adviser, Sandy Berger, is the focus of a criminal investigation after admitting he removed highly classified terrorism documents from a secure reading room during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings, The Associated Press has learned.

Berger's home and office were searched earlier this year by FBI agents armed with warrants. Some drafts of a sensitive after-action report on the Clinton administration's handling of al-Qaida terror threats during the December 1999 millennium celebration are still missing.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20040720/ap_on_re_us/sept__11_berger_probe

Couldn't Bush recognize what a slacker the Slickster was when it came to Ntl. Defense??

Clinton's "PR-driven" approach to terrorism, an approach that left the fundamental problem unsolved: "Do something to show you're concerned. Launch a few missiles in the desert, bop them on the head, arrest a few people. But just keep kicking the ball down the field:"
http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/clintoRn.htm

The offer, which would have brought Bin Laden to the Arab country as the first step of an extradition process that would eventually deliver him to the U.S., required only that Clinton make a state visit there to personally request Bin Laden's extradition. But senior Clinton officials sabotaged the offer, letting it get caught up in internal politics within the ruling family--Clintonian diplomacy at its best.

http://propagandamatrix.com/clinton_let_bin_laden_slip_and_metastasize.html

And look: Bush is even fighting his daddy's war for oil with The Wrong Army ;)

flavio

Banned
Of course we'll get the old conspeak from you of trying to blame all our current problems on Clinton.

But I'm sure you'll continue to ignore the fact that Bush used 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq...which had nothing to do with it. Instead of focusing on the security of the nation and focusing on the people who are actually threats he invaded a different country, killed over 30,000 people, spent a fortune, increased the terrorist activity there, and has left the people of Iraq feeling they are no better off than before.

So how does that leave the US? According to the 9/11 commission we're no safer than before 9/11....but at least we have a gigantic deficit and and thousands of soldiers dead.

Be assured whoever the next president is will have plenty more to blame on Bush than you ever thought about blaming on Clinton.

flavio

Banned
Sure, they give a pretty detailed report of of how we're no safer than before 9/11. If sure if they had said we are safer you'd be posting at all over the place.

As your link points out the Bush administration chose the members and approved the guidelines after all. Shit, if they can't get them to say what they want at that point we must really be in trouble.

flavio said:
According to the 9/11 commission...

The 9-11 plot was set in motion in December 98 and it was in response to the US war on Iraq.

Clinton deliberately chose not to prevent this as he was told of the meetings that were taking place where the plot was set in motion, and for 3 months...despite having missiles targeting the very buildings and despite having video footage showing UBL's location... Clinton chose not to attack UBL.

This isn't some right wing headcase claim, but from the 911 Comm's own findings.

“The CIA reported on December 18 that Bin Ladin might be traveling to Kandahar and could be targeted there with cruise missiles. Vessels with Tomahawk cruise missiles were on station in the Arabian Sea, and could fire within a few hours of receiving target data.116”pg130

“On December 20, intelligence indicated Bin Ladin would be spending the night at the Haji Habash house, part of the governor’s residence in Kandahar. The chief of the Bin Ladin unit,“Mike,” told us that he promptly briefed Tenet and his deputy, John Gordon. From the field, the CIA’s Gary Schroen advised:“Hit him tonight—we may not get another chance.”An urgent teleconference of principals was arranged.117”pg130

“The principals considered a cruise missile strike to try to kill Bin Ladin.One issue they discussed was the potential collateral damage—the number of innocent bystanders who would be killed or wounded. General Zinni predicted a number well over 200 and was concerned about damage to a nearby mosque. The senior intelligence officer on the Joint Staff apparently made a different calculation, estimating half as much collateral damage and not predicting damage to the mosque. By the end of the meeting, the principals decided against recommending to the President that he order a strike. A few weeks later, in January 1999, Clarke wrote that the principals had thought the intelligence only half reliable and had worried about killing or injuring perhaps 300 people. Tenet said he remembered doubts about the reliability of the source and concern about hitting the nearby mosque. “Mike” remembered Tenet telling him that the military was concerned that a few hours had passed since the last sighting of Bin Ladin and that this persuaded everyone that the chance of failure was too great.118”pg131

Hell, in Clinton's memoirs he addmitted his biggest regret was “in international affairs, I regret that I didn't succeed in getting Osama bin Laden" Not that he didn't have the chance.

“To seek to possess the weapons that could counter those of the infidels is a religious duty. If I have indeed acquired these weapons, then this is an obligation I carried out and I thank God for enabling us to do that. And if I seek to acquire these weapons I am carrying out a duty. It would be a sin for Muslims not to try to possess the weapons that would prevent the infidels from inflicting harm on Muslims. But how we could use these weapons if we possess them is up to us.”-Osama Bin Laden interview with Peter Arnett 12/22/98

He's saying he attacked the U.S. because he realized that Clinton wouldn't let Saddam get nukes. And because GWB has had to clean up the mess that Clinton ignored, he takes an unrelenting bashing from the Dims.

--AQ threatened to attack the US if the US attacked Iraq

--the US attacked Iraq

--and AQ set the 911 plot, the USS Cole plot, and the Millenium plots all in action WITHIN HOURS

Despite the recognition of the increased threat posed to the United
States by al-Qa’ida, the U.S. Intelligence Community’s analytic focus on al-Qa’ida was woefully inadequate prior to the September 11 attacks. At the CTC, for example, there were only three analysts assigned to work on al-Qa’ida full time between 1998 and 2000, [page 63] and five between 2000 and September 11, 2001. Including analysts from elsewhere in CIA who were in some part attentive to al-Qa’ida, the total was fewer than forty.
-Sen Intel Com 911 investigation report

But, it's better to blame Bush than face the reality that the almighty, infallible, omniscient, and martyred Pres Clinton favored personal presence in the White House over national security.

Another perfectly good lie burned by the facts:

http://www.defenddemocracy.org/research_topics/research_topics_show.htm?doc_id=198710&attrib_id=7580