War on Terror

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:

The report, entitled the "Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism: Who Becomes a Terrorist and Why?," warned the executive branch that bin Laden's terrorists might hijack an airliner and dive bomb it into the Pentagon or other government building.

It described the suicide hijacking as one of several possible retribution attacks al Qaeda might seek for the 1998 U.S. airstrike against bin Laden's camps in Afghanistan.

*snip*

Suicide bomber(s) belonging to al Qaeda's Martyrdom Battalion could crash-land an aircraft packed with high explosives (C-4 and semtex) into the Pentagon, the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or the White House," the September 1999 report said.

19998 to 1999...hmmm...I can't recall who was president in 1999...help me out here. Throw me a bone... Funny how the years preceding the event, when prevention would've worked, are lost on you. BTW...If you think finding these guys and deporting them is easy, you're dead wrong.

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
19998 to 1999...hmmm...I can't recall who was president in 1999...help me out here. Throw me a bone... Funny how the years preceding the event, when prevention would've worked, are lost on you. BTW...If you think finding these guys and deporting them is easy, you're dead wrong.
Filtering out a whole bunch of info in that link eh?

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Filtering out a whole bunch of info in that link eh?

Nope. Just the stuff without dates...unless you'd like me to point out that the information given to Condi Rice by the outgoing administration pointed her to an attack overseas...

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Nope. Just the stuff without dates...unless you'd like me to point out that the information given to Condi Rice by the outgoing administration pointed her to an attack overseas...
Funny cause I see "Results 1 - 10 of about 6,050,000 for bushknewbefore 9/11".

The info is there if you want it.

Bobby Hogg

While Sept. 11th was perhaps an intelligence blunder, ultimately it was a ridiculous failure of airport security that cannot be attributed to any single government's policy, more due to a sense of complacency in regards to internal flights in the USA.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Funny cause I see "Results 1 - 10 of about 6,050,000 for bushknewbefore 9/11".

The info is there if you want it.

Riiight...and buzzflash.com is a legitimate news source. Same as commondreams, mediamonitors, patriotsaints, and the ever-so-friendly Canadian site, globalresearch. You know as well as I do that all those sites are nothing more than rumor-mongers. The only one out of the bunch I named that doesn't fall into that group (globalresearch) is from an openly anti-Bush country. Nice try, though.

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Riiight...and buzzflash.com is a legitimate news source. Same as commondreams, mediamonitors, patriotsaints, and the ever-so-friendly Canadian site, globalresearch. You know as well as I do that all those sites are nothing more than rumor-mongers. The only one out of the bunch I named that doesn't fall into that group (globalresearch) is from an openly anti-Bush country. Nice try, though.
Good for you, checked alll 6 million and labeled everything that doesn't agree with what you want to believe as anti-Bush and dismissed them.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Good for you, checked alll 6 million and labeled everything that doesn't agree with what you want to believe as anti-Bush and dismissed them.

Just the top 10...which happened to be the ones you pointed to. The rest don't matter because you didn't use them as an unimpeachable source. Try again.

A presidential briefing, dated August 6, 2001, and released by the White House yesterday, shows that in 1998 George W. Bush did nothing to respond to the threat of terror attacks from Usama bin Laden's al Qaeda network.

In fact, when correlated with last week's testimony before the 9/11 Commission by National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, it seems clear that the Bush administration had virtually no plan to act on top-secret intelligence gathered during the Clinton administration until after George W. Bush took office in 2001.

"The August 6 PDB (President's Daily Brief) clearly shows that the White House knew of potential al Qaeda threats within the United States in 1998," said an unnamed source from an unnamed, non-partisan Washington think tank, "and yet Texas Governor George W. Bush didn't do anything about these threats until after he became president."

A former senior official in the Clinton administration, who requested anonymity, said that former President Bill Clinton was "aghast at the lethargic response of Governor Bush to the clear and present danger al Qaeda posed to our homeland in the 1990s."

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Just the top 10...which happened to be the ones you pointed to. The rest don't matter because you didn't use them as an unimpeachable source. Try again.
No I get it, anything negative said about Bush is "anti-Bush" and therefore not true. Like this one.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
No I get it, anything negative said about Bush is "anti-Bush" and therefore not true. Like this one.

Never said that. Only that there is quite a bit of unfair criticism, quite a few outright lies, and even more rumors taken as fact put out there by people who, by their own admission, hate the President. Now...when you have that kind of emotion involved in anything, then most of what is said will be dismissed as so much hot air. Give me a source that isn't avidly seeking anything to blame on the current president just to make him look bad, and I'll be okay with it.

As for your smoking gun...

The last three paragraphs say quite a bit, don't they?

ekahs retsam

Gato_Solo said:
Give me a source that isn't avidly seeking anything to blame on the current president just to make him look bad, and I'll be okay with it.

Also consideration must be given to the credibility and impartiality of the source.

Fox News nor The Nation count as good sources so it would be in everyone's best interest to stop using them as such. This is not an attack on an individual but rather a general observation.

Gato_Solo

ekahs retsam said:
Also consideration must be given to the credibility and impartiality of the source.

Fox News nor The Nation count as good sources so it would be in everyone's best interest to stop using them as such. This is not an attack on an individual but rather a general observation.

Fox News is probably more unbiased than anything else out there when it comes to news reporting. What most have against Fox is their editorial section. If people had enough sense to differentiate between news and opinion, this would be a non-issue, but, since there are those who believe that there is no difference, it has become a big topic.

rrfield

Gato_Solo said:
If people had enough sense to differentiate between news and opinion, this would be a non-issue...

If Fox News had enough sense to differentiate this wouldn't be a problem. But they don't, so it is.

Gato_Solo

rrfield said:
If Fox News had enough sense to differentiate this wouldn't be a problem. But they don't, so it is.

Straight from the horses mouth. I rest my case.

ekahs retsam

Gato_Solo said:
Fox News is probably more unbiased than anything else out there when it comes to news reporting.

Come on now, you know it is biased and even if you disagree you must know other people find it to be so. Either way it shouldn't be used because if you believe it isn't but others do, it still holds no credibility with many of those reading the post.

That makes whatever point you or other people are trying to make impossile to effectively express.

Gato_Solo

ekahs retsam said:
Come on now, you know it is biased and even if you disagree you must know other people find it to be so. Either way it shouldn't be used because if you believe it isn't but others do, it still holds no credibility with many of those reading the post.

That makes whatever point you or other people are trying to make impossile to effectively express.

Show me a news article by Fox that is biased. Just one. If you pull up an editorial, I'll never let you forget it.