Was Shiavo case a partisan issue?

Where did you stand on Siavo and where do you fall on the political spectrum.

• Total voters

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
That's a little harsh doncha think? Who, having the power to do so, stood up in any court chamber and said "I sentence Terri Shiavo to die."

It didn't necessarily have to be in a court. It was said by her husband. It was said by an obviously pro right-to-die judge, over & over & over & over again. As Robert Bork pointed out, a lot of judges saw this case, only one looked at the evidence.

You, SnP, aren't sentencing this guy to die. You are doing your job & part of that job is making this guy responsible for his own actions. Terry has no guilty actions & has not made herself clear as to her wishes.

Yes Mare...as you so clearly demonstrate, there is insufficient information of this case before the general public.

Jesse Jackson...oh shit, now I have to re-evaluate my stance.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
You, SnP, aren't sentencing this guy to die. You are doing your job & part of that job is making this guy responsible for his own actions. Terry has no guilty actions & has not made herself clear as to her wishes.

Jesse Jackson...oh shit, now I have to re-evaluate my stance.

1. My thoughts on it too. Still, it's not easy knowing that he won't likely survive. But hey...he chose.

2. True, Terri Schiavo is in the condition she is in due to no fault of her own, and in my mind that does change the rules of the game. I stand by my original stance. As I interpret the laws of the state of Florida, as well as those of other states and even the teachings of the Bible, marriage is an important qualifier. Once a person marries, the spouse becomes not only a beneficiary of any communal property in the event of death, a "positive" if you will, but also the primary voice for the mate should said mate be unable to speak for themselves, a "negative" in this case. As such, her husband's wishes carry a tad more weight than do those of her family, agree with his actions or not. I do agree that when he entered into his common law shack up (I will not dignify it by calling it a marriage), he morally forfeited some of that status insofar as it relates to Terri. Florida apparently doesn't agree. With those being the laws in Florida, whether I personally agree with the level of care he has provided, or in this case failed to provide, in a legal view it still falls to him until a valid document or other exhibit is entered into the picture dictating otherwise. Unless and until Terri Schiavo is capable of expressing her own wishes, the duty of providing her care falls to her legal spouse. Dot semicolon.

3. Must suck to find out Jesse's on your team all of a sudden like that. :lloyd:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
As stated previoulsy, I'm not against the right-to-die, per se. I'm finding it impossible to side with Michael. Yes, he's her husband & under most conditions, should have full legal authority. In 99.9% of other cases I'd be fighting for him, thereby fighting for us.

Unfortunately, this guy has done everything wrong. He has, or should have, or should have been forced to reliquish his authority, as a consequence for his actions. He has a history of abusing her. He has committed perjury. He didn't make the 911 call in a reasonable time frame. He won the money saying it was to care for her & then stuck her ina home with a DNR & a no-therapy order. He has bent over backwards to make himself look guilty & has several affidavits sworn to his taking actions & using words that prove him a monster. His common law shack up (better term) & subsequent children prove him an adulterer...something his legal wife would have divorced him over, thus forcing him to give up his authority.

His actions should have consequences, as did your example. It's turning out he gets to legally murder his wife with the help of a judge that has his own questionable actions in this case. Handing that much powr to the governemtn scares the bejeezus outta me. They've forgotten the Constitution allows the Legislative &/or the Executive branch the right to override horseshit rulings.

catocom

Gonz said:
As stated previoulsy, I'm not against the right-to-die, per se. I'm finding it impossible to side with Michael. Yes, he's her husband & under most conditions, should have full legal authority. In 99.9% of other cases I'd be fighting for him, thereby fighting for us.

Unfortunately, this guy has done everything wrong. He has, or should have, or should have been forced to reliquish his authority, as a consequence for his actions. He has a history of abusing her. He has committed perjury. He didn't make the 911 call in a reasonable time frame. He won the money saying it was to care for her & then stuck her ina home with a DNR & a no-therapy order. He has bent over backwards to make himself look guilty & has several affidavits sworn to his taking actions & using words that prove him a monster. His common law shack up (better term) & subsequent children prove him an adulterer...something his legal wife would have divorced him over, thus forcing him to give up his authority.

His actions should have consequences, as did your example. It's turning out he gets to legally murder his wife with the help of a judge that has his own questionable actions in this case. Handing that much powr to the governemtn scares the bejeezus outta me. They've forgotten the Constitution allows the Legislative &/or the Executive branch the right to override horseshit rulings.

Now that exactly describe my thoughts on it also. (bravo Gonz)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
For many years, Michael kept such good care of her that the nursing home staff tried to get a restraining order against him at one point, because he was demanding so much. I think she's been cared for very much by Michael.

:rofl4:

The same people that applauded Janet Reno when she ignored the court are saying "The court has decided" in the Shiavo case. :rolleyes:

The radical Democratic left is an army of soulless ghouls. Being of the living dead, they live in a world of death and try to impose it on we the living. Witness who led the charge: a radical homosexual, Barney Frank. A radical abortion Mafiosa, Barbara Boxer. What is difficult for we the living to comprehend is the reason they can engage in such anti-life abominations is because they have no souls. They have said that the tears of Terri Schiavo are mechanical. They have said that her smile is reflexive. They can rip an emerging child from the womb, murder it, and call this a compassionate act. Like Mengele -- the doctor of death from the Nazi concentration camps -- the radical, soulless Democrats keep referring to "the doctors," as if a medical degree guaranteed humanity. Therefore, choose life. God bless George W. Bush. - Michael Savage

With each death for convenience that occurs like this, or the ones that Kevorkian was committing or anything similar to it, the easier the next one becomes, and then the easier the next one becomes. You get the hard work out of the way. It's like J.R. Ewing once said: "Once you get past the ethics, the rest is easy." So once it becomes easy to do this, once the excuses are enshrined. "Well, they wouldn't want to live this way. Well, I don't think it's fair for somebody to live this way. We're not killing anybody. We're 'allowing them to die.' It's euphoric. It's dignified." Once those things get set in stone in people's minds, it gets easier and easier and easier to deny life, kill people whose presence is an inconvenience because we don't admit that. We simply say, "They wouldn't want this for themselves." - Rush Limbaugh

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I read the Patriot Act. Nothing to fear there.

Savage is nuts but well versed in silliness.