wc2002: brazil v belgium

ris

brazil 2-0 belgium

brazil edge past belgium with two second half goals from rivaldo and ronaldo, but they were lucky to be ahead and only scored the last in the 87th minute.

they now face england in the quarter finals, on friday.

Ponch

You forgot to say that Belgium scored in the first half but the ref refused the goal for no reason at all. Or maybe Brazil had to win. :rolleyes:
We were refused an obvious penalty against Germany 8 years ago at the same stage...

ris

that goal was fine, but then italy have those complaints coming out of their ears!

a13antichrist

And you know what's funny, if Italy had been awarded those goals that were unjustly disallowed (3 in total, plus another two that were probably rightly disallowed) Mexico would still be in the tournament..

AlladinSane

Originally posted by Ponch
You forgot to say that Belgium scored in the first half but the ref refused the goal for no reason at all. Or maybe Brazil had to win. :rolleyes:
We were refused an obvious penalty against Germany 8 years ago at the same stage...
Yeah, the goal was legal. But then again you kicked out the best team in 1986 cup(Soviet Union) with 2 illegal goals. Brazil has great players and like I said before everything can happen when ex-champions clash. But sincerely I don't think we can take England... I would risk a prevision and say the final will be England vs Germany. But with all that's happening I wouldn't be surprised if Senegal make it :rolleyes:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by a13antichrist
And you know what's funny, if Italy had been awarded those goals that were unjustly disallowed (3 in total, plus another two that were probably rightly disallowed) Mexico would still be in the tournament..

DAMN!!!!

What would be worse?
Losing against USA or Korea?