costa rica 1 1 0 0 pts3
brazil 1 1 0 0 pts3
turkey 1 0 0 1 pts0
china 1 0 0 1 pts0

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Brazil and Turkey ?

I heard Brazil had a hard time with Turkey.

ris

for my shortened brazil v turkey read here

it was an odd game, brazil played really well, impressed many people after the dodgy football they'd played in qualification and pre-tournament. however, turkey scored first and showed up the brazil defence. ronaldo equalised and could've had more, brazil were awesome in attack.

with 2 mins to go brazil were awarded a penalty for a tug-back outside the box. the turkish player was rightly sent off and rivaldo dispached the spot kick to make it 2-1.
2 mins into injury time a brazil corner was awarded and a frustrated turkish player kicked the ball at rivaldo, hitting him the leg. rivaldo went down clutching his face, the player was red carded and the replay of the kick was booed by fans in the stadium for the brazillians over-acting.
fifa are to investigate his cheating [even though the turkish player was going to get a yellow minimum and go off]. he will probly be fined or maybe suspended.

sad end to a great game.

Luis G

Staff member
I read about Rivaldo.

What are your two teams on that group?
(mine are Turkey and Brazil)

ris

i'd have to agree, the way that turkey played was pretty good. i think that their physical game and solid defending should see them easily past costa rica and china.

i quite like the turkish team , they play with passion, should make the england v turkey qualifiers for the 2004 european championships interesting.

Luis G

Staff member
I'm not a very big football fan, but i know that Europen tournaments are very good.