wc2002: England vs Brazil

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Michael Owen is going to play in this game.

I don't know who he is, but he seems to be a big player. :D

ris

come on england come on england come on england!!!

i thiink we need emile heskey up front or sheringham supporting owen to make use of the brazillian's poor aerial ability.

[/siz]

ris

sorry, more coffee!! [too early for beer at 7.30am for me i'm afraid, still feeling a bit gmorning] D

Luis G

Staff member
Brazil scored, in a great play made by Ronaldinho, goal by Rivaldo. Accept it ris, it was a great goal.

Half time now.

ris

brazil equalize in first half injury time!!!

rivaldo finishes a wonderful move, mainly a run by ronaldinho to put brazil back in the game.

england 1-1 brazil

come on england!!! you can come back and still win it :cool:

luis, it was an excellent goal, such an impressive move and a great finish

ris

awww crap, soft goal scored by ronaldinho at a brazil free kick

hi chipped it over the keepers head and in off the top corner cross bar.

england 1-2- brazil

ris

luis, i quite like your ref, he's just sent ronaldinho off for a challenge on danny mills. it doesn't look like a red card, maybe even a yellow card would have been harsh.

he went for a ball and caught mills' leg, there didn't appear to be much intent, but there you go.

Luis G

Staff member
I think it was a yellow card, but anyway......

Ronaldinho got a red card :eek:

You better start loving mexican refs, 'cause the brazlians already started to hate them.

ris

england haven't seemed in it after that second goal, i think we're going to slide out of the world cup with a whimper :(

ris

its over, england 1-2 brazil

congrats to brazil, they played a canny game but england didn't really put them under that much pressure with all their long balls. especially after the sending off [which was harsh], neither team looked bothered.
2 good goals, the first a fantastic move, the second a clever free kick that fooled the keeper. good luck in the semi's brazil and i hope you win it!

Luis G

Staff member
Yes, sorry ris.

England could not take advantage of their superiority in number.

ris

i think we did really well. at the start of the tournament we weren't expected to get out of the group even. we played well, beat argentina, beat denamrk and made it to the quarter finals.

as for brazil, the finals where they've beaten england they've gone on to win the cup :eek:

i must say, rivaldo's clutching his face in the second half after campbell's fingers brushed his face was appaling, i hope fifa ban his ass. disgraceful behaviour.

AlladinSane

Ronaldinho hit Mills'leg and deserved the red card. But like Uruguay against France, England stopped to play with one more.
The mexican referee was OK, he let our players spend 1 min in every fault.
Eriksson gifted us the game when he dumped Owen and Cole opting for the aerial way when he didn't have ball possession.
England just deserved to lose they played at 100 mph against Argentina and Denmark and started already at 10 mph against Brazil since the beginning. They played with fear respecting Brazil too much.
Rivaldo was again the man of the match...

ris

i thought brazil were by far the better team, they held possession better and controlled the game. but i'm proud of the way england managed to get so far when the expectation wasn't high before the championship started.

do you think brazil will win it now?

AlladinSane

We had little expectations over our team too(and honestly I still have). I think Senegal is probably going to spank us. We have a bad record against african teams. Of course with all the luck we're having, we're probably going to match Turkey :D . Anyway I don't know if anyone noticed: with the exception of Sweden in 1958(when we had an exceptional team) european cups were won by european teams and American cups were won by south americans. Who'll win now in Asia? An african(Senegal)? Or an asian(Korea)?