wc2002: group f final games

ris

england 0-0 nigeria

england held nigeria in a tense and hot encounter [temperatures well in the 90s and high humidity]. chances were few and far between, michael owen troubled the nigerian defence and rio ferdinand was a giant at the back for england.
england finish second in the group and now meet denmark in the last 16 :)

sweden 1-1 argentina

sweden progress to the last 16 as champions of group f, stifling a desperate argentina. most of the first half was all south-american but it was sweden who ttok the lead early in the second witha sweet 30 yard free kick. argentina equalised from a saved penalty and despite late pressure couldn't get the win they needed and crashed out of the world cup, favourites and victims of the .group of death'.
denmark now meet senegal in the last 16.

group f final table

sweden 3 1 2 0 pts5
england 3 1 2 0 pts5
argentina 3 1 1 1 pts4
nigeria 3 0 1 2 pts1

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
:eek:

Argentina out of the cup..............DAMN!!!!

now, if we get Italy out too, i will be amazed about this world cup.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
:lol:

i would ask England out of it too........but i don't because of you guys :D

a13antichrist

England; Germany.. I doubt we'll be waiting too long to see them leave. Brazil, on the other hand, don't have much standing in their way..

.. except Italy. I'm almost certain that this year is going to be Italy's 4th World Cup.

Wish I could persuade the boss to let me take a week's holiday down to the Tirol around the 25th of June... ;)

ris

i'd like to think that england can beat denmark and then should meet brazil in the quarter finals. i think brazil can be beat, but the defence have to be awesome and the attack going great to really stifle them.