wc2002: group f games

ris

argentina 1-0 nigeria

second half goal from batistuta [battigol!] final broke down a stubborn nigerian team who played poorly and defended with 10 men.

england 1-1 sweden

first half header from sol campbell cancelled out by alexandersson after defensive balls-up :mad2:. made worse by the england team sitting back and almost throwing the whole thing away.

group f

argentina 1 1 0 0 pts3
england 1 0 1 0 pts1
sweden 1 0 1 0 pts1
nigeria 1 0 0 1 pts0

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
England must beat Nigeria, and it would be nice that Argentina beat Sweden.

4 and 6 points, then go and play with Argentina, and you're done

Luis G

Staff member
Second thought, the scenario is much more complicated, i didn't considered Sweden vs Nigeria :rolleyes:

Things can go wrong for England.

If Sweden and England are even on points, do they evaluate with goal differences ??

ris

it could get quite tricky for england, it might even get down to the goal difference with sweden, something that i fear england will lose at.

we can always hope that nigeria and sweden draw and argentina whup the swedes ass for us.

for world cup look under 'biggest sporting tournament in the world' and 'thing happening outside america' ;) :p

Luis G

Staff member
Originally posted by ris
for world cup look under 'biggest sporting tournament in the world' and 'thing happening outside america' ;) :p

And don't forget to search about football (no, football has nothing to do with NFL) :p

ris

hehehehe, football! i forgot all about football. what a great game it is too :D