wc2002: sweden v nigeria

ris

sweden 2-1 nigeria

precious win for sweden who came from a goal down to put nigeria out of the world cup.

group f

sweden 2 1 1 0 pts4
england 2 1 1 0 pts4
argentina 2 1 0 1 pts3
nigeria 2 0 0 2 pts0

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
How many games are left??

England vs Nigeria
Argentina vs Sweden ????

ris

yep that's it, just the two left. we got the easioer game, hopefully sweden will get a pissed off argentina team who will paste them and nigeria will be all preoccupied what with having to go home so soon :D

Luis G

Staff member
Hehehe, you should hope Argentina to go out of the cup instead......

ris

actually, i think we could face them again if they stay in the cup....best sweden win or draw then :D

Luis G

Staff member
Now, if we could only get Italy out of the world cup :D :D

And Germany, not that i hate them, but it is our bad luck to face them in the next rounds and we always lose on penalties.

ris

oh man, don't mention germany and penalties to an england fan :D

1990.....1996.....both semi-finals, bastits!! :D

Luis G

Staff member
Damn, that's gotta hurt....

Mexico 86 (Quarter) and France 98 (second round).

(don't know how many times that happened before..)

ris

pointless trivia time....

did you know that england have gone out of the world cup knockout stages to only 2 teams since '66?
argentina and germany :D

Luis G

Staff member
You knew Mexico was banned from Italy 90 ??, don't know much about it, but it seems that Mexico made something and that was the punishment. ouch....

Also we were the first country to host two world cups. :p

unclehobart

Turkey is my team of choice. They already have 2 red cards. They know how to fight and not bother trying to hide it.

ris

mexico '86 is the first world cup i remember properly, i had the panini sticker album [i think i finished it!]. it was great, the stadiums were soooo cool!

ris

i have answer to why mexico were banned from the 1990 world cup, it was because they had deliberately fielded three over-age players in a fifa youth tournament.

oops....

Luis G

Staff member
Hehehehe @ "young" players :D :D

WE have famous stadiums, the "Estadio Azteca" was the biggest in the world (i think 105,000 all seated), i don't know which is the biggest now, but i think it isn't that anymore.

And Brazil always like to play in the Jalisco Stadium.

ris

105k, man that's huge! i think the largest in the uk is 75k, the millenium stadium in cardiff. manchester uniteds is about 68,000 i think.

barcelona's over 100k, but i'm not sure how much over. 4 tiers high, about 4 miles up :D

ris

my team, ipswich town, the mighty blues, pride of anglia, have a stadium of 31,000. but what we lack in seats we make up for with noise!!!! :D

Luis G

Staff member
So is it true all they say about hooligangs ??

Or are they just over-reality to the rest of the world (you know....propaganda)

ris

there was a noise test [decibels] done at portman road [our ground], apparently we were the noisiest in the league. but then, the test was done by an ipswich fan.... D

i'd love to see a game in south and central america, i bet the atmosphere is incredible!!!