wc2002: sweden v nigeria

AlladinSane

The Maracanã stadium in Rio de Janeiro is known to have contained 120.000+ in several occasions. Too bad teams from Rio are in a bad situation lately and didn't encourage people to achieve even 10.000 on matches in today's days. :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by AlladinSane
The Maracanã stadium in Rio de Janeiro is known to have contained 120.000+ in several occasions.

All seated?? I knew Maracanã has more capacity than Azteca, but the difference is that not all are seated in Maracanã.

ris

Originally posted by Luis G
So is it true all they say about hooligangs ??

Or are they just over-reality to the rest of the world (you know....propaganda)

err, in the prem there is very little problem with fans, some clubs are better than others [ipswich get letters of commendation and thanks with regard to their travelling support from police forces!].
there are problem clubs, or clubs with reputations. millwall, cardiff, leeds united are probably the most notoriuos but a great deal of work has been done to stop hooligans in the uk, and while it's not gone it has receeded a great deal.

it will take a long time for english footy fans to get rid of that reputation, and they have to earn the trust of foreigh clubs and countries.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
As usual, it is harder to change a bad reputation, than change a good one.

Or how we say here: Make reputation and go to sleep. (Haz fama y echate a dormir)

AlladinSane

Originally posted by Luis G

All seated?? I knew Maracanã has more capacity than Azteca, but the difference is that not all are seated in Maracanã.

I really don't know about that, I also heard on TV they put 180.000 there some time but that was a loooong time ago. New standards are making stadiums smaller and smaller...