<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Re: We&acute;ve seen the musclecars, now lets see what you drive

greenfreak said:
Just a bit of an upgrade from the Cavalier. :D

Didn't you get a Jetta? :confuse3:

Inkara1

She was going to, but they couldn't get it in green. So she bought a more expensive car... but oddly enough, the way the financing worked out, the cost is just about the same... and the insurance is less expensive, so she's actually paying less to have a bigger car.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member

Inky is getting really good at this synopsis stuff :laugh:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member

Now I can post it :D
Same model/colour as this one:
rojo_magma_280x170.jpg

HomeLAN

Any changes? I've certainly had one.

greenfreak

My "new" car is officially a year old. No problems yet. *crosses fingers*

But damn, is gas fucking expensive. I need to rethink the turbo engine next time around. I was blinded by the power. Steve, you must be dropping a pretty penny too. How many miles is work from your house?

HomeLAN

It's 12.5 miles, one way, and I get about 16 to the gallon in town (23 highway). A/C is hurting that number, too. It's pricier than I'd prefer, but I still think it's worth it. I'm 6 months in, and still very much in love.

Professur

Speaking of Muscle cars, GM is crying a river. Seems that just because they slapped the name GTO on a grand am, it's not selling. Unlike the retro style of the Charger and Mustang.

Professur

greenfreak said:
My "new" car is officially a year old. No problems yet. *crosses fingers*

But damn, is gas fucking expensive. I need to rethink the turbo engine next time around. I was blinded by the power. Steve, you must be dropping a pretty penny too. How many miles is work from your house?

GF, I've owned a turbo. Lighten up on the gas a little, luv. There's a guage (should be) on the dash that shows you when the turbos kick in. Usually during acceleration. When you put your foot down, it increases the vacumn pressure on the engine, which triggers the turbo. With a little practice, you can pull away without triggering it. And that, my dear, will save you gas. but you'll still have the power for when you want it.

HomeLAN

I checked out a Charger at the last oil change. Color me unimpressed. Somebody wrote Motortrend and called it the bastard child of a ponycar and a 300c. That's about right.

The Mustang was damn nice and fast as hell, but UNCOMFORTABLE, in a big way.

greenfreak

Yeah, it's taking me a while to get used to that. Rusty has been driving us home from work every day and around town for driving practice so that also hurts. He's not in the groove yet, of appropriate acceleration/deceleration. We're working on what I call "fluid motions". It goes a long way to giving the road tester the impression that you're confident in your skills. Even if he isn't. ;)

He's doing good though. I'm hoping three time's a charm.

As far as the gas, the a/c is part of it too. We had a week of 90+ weather upon us and I couldn't stand it without the a/c. Plus my commute to work is 26 miles one way. Although a lot of it is highway, it adds up. And then there's traveling to family on the weekends, one hour ride one way.

I'm filling up just about every 4 days. At $2.50 a gallon for 93 octane. Ow.

HomeLAN

We had a week of 90+ weather upon us

Welcome to my world. Gonna be that way here til mid September.

You have to use 93? Ouch. At least I can get away with 89.

greenfreak

And no turbo guage. I wish there was! I can feel it kick in though. Usually on hills, merging into traffic, etc.

greenfreak

HomeLAN said:
Welcome to my world. Gonna be that way here til mid September.

You have to use 93? Ouch. At least I can get away with 89.
Heh, yeah I guess hot temps are something you're used to. The great thing about where I live is the winds coming off of the ocean cool it down significantly. Except for one day when the winds were coming from the north, there was a 15 degree difference between where I work (close to the north shore of LI) and where I live.

I use 93 because of the sludge history with this engine & car. It's been an issue with people in the past but if you do the right gas and use synthetic oil, get the changes done on time, and don't beat on it in the winter before it's warm, you're fine. So that's what I do. More maintenance and money up front but I'm not going to beat on something that cost me $27000. and I plan to keep as long as possible.

K62

A 99' Mazda Protege.
1.6L

Dave

my Honda is just over a year old now too. it is one of the most comfortable cars i've ever driven. couple of nasty blind spots though.
Diana just bought the Murano back in Feb. its just a little sluggish and you cant really "feel" the road but easy to drive long distances.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Maroon & Silver version
1990-96-Ford-F-150-250-Pickup-90114051990918.JPG

Mommas car that I've requisitioned for the FW - Indy drive
fordtaurus_415x311.jpg

K62

Found
On