we adopted a street dog

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Last sunday we adopted a street dog, my uncled saved her from being ran over by a car.

She's so sweet and lovely, and she was also very dirty and very slim, well, she's still very slim but that won't be a problem in a few weeks.

We already took her to take a few injections, get some de-parasit (??) pills, and some anti-flea stuff. And my sisters are still thinking how to name her. Any suggestions?

btw, i'll post pics of her later.

Luis G

Staff member
ok, here she is

sorry about the crappy quality but microsoft photo editor is the only program i have installed right now.

Attachment(s):

perro1.jpg, 85.81kb

88_1037149163.jpg

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
awwwwwww she is so sweet

Make sure to treat her with lots of love and give her hugs and kisses often, she looks very sad right now.

Luis G

Staff member
yes, and she's still a bit scared, street dogs suffer too much in the street and they are used to be treated bad by people. But she's managing to be confident in us, and approach with no fear.

greenfreak

Isn't that a sweet face?! She's adorable. I would have her 'fixed' too so she can't get pregnant. That's great of you guys to take her in. We had a dog that had been abused by it's previous owners and we learned never to raise our hands around him, he would shake and run under the bed. I hate it when people abuse dogs. :grumpy:

Names... names... I'll have to think about this one. I named my best friend's dog Layla, she's also a great dog. I always liked naming dogs people names like Emma or Bailey or something. But some people like names like Fluffy or Princess and stuff like that...

Luis G

Staff member
No need to put her through the pain of "fixing" her, she has suffered too much already, plus she can't get out of the house by herself.

The thing that really needs to get fixed is her hair, she has car oil in some parts, and others are cut in a strange way, like somebody did it.

btw, i was also thinking about Layla, we usually name them with names/words of another language, it avoids people from feeling offended if they happen to have the same name as the dog :D

greenfreak

Just make sure she doesn't get knocked up unless you want 6 more dogs running around the house :D I heard something a long time ago that female dogs menustrate if they're not fixed :confuse3: I don't know if that's true though, I don't know any female dogs that aren't fixed.

I think naming dogs people names humanizes them. Layla (my friend's dog) is so human-like, it's scary. Unlike many dogs, she makes direct eye contact with me all the time and I swear I can see love and affection in them and complete understanding. *sigh* I miss her... She's like my surrogate dog, until I get some of my own.

This is Layla: (she's the one on the right)

brad_layla.jpg

Luis G

Staff member
yes, non-fixed dogs menstruate.

our old dog used to be so "human-like", my cousin, which is a veterniarian, told us that she had the "human syndrome", it is bad when they have it and you treat them "like dogs".