We will control what you see. We will control what you hear. We will control you.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Would these be the same bloggers that tell us all what a blowhard ignorant moron alcoholic fat ass that Glenn Beck is but refute nothing?

Gotholic

Sure...that'd work really well in the internet age. As if a billion people wouldn't immediately open up their blog and cry foul the moment tried to tell the news what they may or may not print.

Welcome to the age of the open flow of information. You can forget about 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 type scaremongering. Too late.

I guess that y'all will have to come up with another analogy, eh

You do know they want to regulate the Internet?

jimpeel

Sure...that'd work really well in the internet age. As if a billion people wouldn't immediately open up their blog and cry foul the moment tried to tell the news what they may or may not print.

Welcome to the age of the open flow of information. You can forget about 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 type scaremongering. Too late.

I guess that y'all will have to come up with another analogy, eh

You must have missed this thread.

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29357

The control of the Internet is imminent as well. What then?

By the by, the analogy, or paraphrastic clause, from the thread title is from the the 1960s program Outer Limits.

"There is nothing wrong with your television...
We are controlling the transmission.
We control the horizontal... and the vertical.
We can deluge you with a thousand channels...
or expand one single image... to crystal clarity.... and beyond.
We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive.
For the next hour, we will control all that you see and hear...
YOU are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind... to the Outer limits.
MUSIC THREE BEAT END-
"Please stand by"

MrBishop

You must have missed this thread.

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29357

The control of the Internet is imminent as well. What then?

By the by, the analogy, or paraphrastic clause, from the thread title is from the the 1960s program Outer Limits.

I hadn't missed it..I ignored it. Just replied now since you thought it a good time to repost.

Did you know that the Canadian GVT has well-written plans in place for how to best take over the USA? Which states to aim for, power-structures grids weak spots, etc etc...

FEAR US!!!! WE'VE PLANNED THE TAKEOVER AND DISCUSSED IT IN COMMITTEE!!! IT'S SURE TO WORK...IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!!11oneone!11!

MrBishop

BTW - although considered overly ornate by some, the architectural style is quite impressive to see in person.

jimpeel

Analogous to fancy or overly ornate beyond function. Like the term you used. ;)

Analogous to architecture?

Ostentatious would have been a better term and I wouldn't have had to look it up.

I didn't use a direct paraphrase of the Outer Limits lead-in, the evidence of which is that many of you didn't get the connection, so paraphrastic was entirely proper in that instance.

MrBishop

Analogous to architecture?

Ostentatious would have been a better term and I wouldn't have had to look it up.

I didn't use a direct paraphrase of the Outer Limits lead-in, the evidence of which is that many of you didn't get the connection, so paraphrastic was entirely proper in that instance.

If you prefer.. "Fancy schmancy"

I used to watch the show..I 'got' it. I didn't 'get' how your article related to full control of media...or even moderate control.

jimpeel

Then you need to re-read the article. Pay particular attention to:

-- the creation of a "journalism" division of AmeriCorps, the federal program that places 75,000 people with local and national nonprofit groups annually; (People who march to the government's tune.)

-- increased funding for public radio and television; (Liberal bias demonstrated every waking hour of the day.)

-- providing grants to universities to conduct investigative journalism; (Ever seen the documentary "Indoctrinate U"? Most universities have been taken over by liberal ideologists.)

But some critics are voicing concerns about the draft document, saying that if the government has any influence over the Fourth Estate, it could lead to a dizzying web of conflicting interests and the eradication of independent journalism.

"I find it dangerous for government to have a role in speech because the government gives and the government taketh away," Jeff Jarvis, an associate professor at the City University of New York's Graduate School of Journalism, told FoxNews.com.

But the FTC stressed that the draft is just that -- a draft -- and it said it does not represent conclusions or recommendations by the agency. Officials cited excerpts from the document as their response to criticism:

"Rather, through this document, we seek to prompt discussion of whether to recommend policy changes to support the ongoing 'reinvention' of journalism,

When is the last time you ever saw government "reinvent" anything that didn't go to Hell in a hand basket?

Dan Gainor, vice president of business and culture for the Media Research Center, a Washington-based media watchdog group, put his take on the proposals more succinctly.

"The mere fact that they're holding these hearings is the beginning of the problem," Gainor said. "They should have no hand in the future of journalism."

Why do you think the Founders took such care to include journalism in the First Amendment? To keep the government out.

jimpeel

I didn't 'get' how your article related to full control of media...or even moderate control.

We have all heard the argument about the camel's nose under the tent. Let me illustrate how creeping incrementalism works.

Those whom I call the "All we want" crowd started bitching and moaning about tobacco thirty years ago.

First all they wanted was a place to sit in restaurants that was smoke free.

Then all they wanted was a smoke free area on air flights.

Then all they wanted was no smoking at all on local flights.

Then all they wanted was a smoke free area on international flights.

Then all they wanted was restaurants to be smoke free.

Then all they wanted was airport terminals to have smoke free areas.

Then all they wanted was no smoking on international flights.

Then all they wanted was stadiums and venues, even outdoor stadiums and venues, to be smoke free.

Then all they wanted was for your employer to be able to fire you for smoking, even if that activity was partaken on your own time off the clock.

Then all they wanted was no smoking in government buildings.

Now, they can sue you for smoking in your own home.

And you think there will be no expansion of government control over the press?

Do I need to recite the incrementalism of automobile lap belts in the sixties to what we have today? I can and I will if you desire.

MrBishop

The main difference between the smoking argument and the control journalism argument is that the former is based on support by the populace and medical 'proof's.

The latter is not something that will be supported by the general populace.

The former is hindsight and the latter projection..kinda like the GW fears.