Web Site

PostCode

Major contributor!
I'm working on a web site for a client, yes, I do that too....no, I don't have any more time available...I have a hard enough time finding some just to go take a friggin piss.

Anyway, I could really use some input on this. You see, the client is who is providing me with the content. I'm just doing the layout/design and putting it all up. The images are pictures I've takin' from around town. Now, some of the pages either don't have anything or there is no link to it. That's stuff that still needs to be completed. The stuff with content needs to be proof read. If some of you peps could just skim through it and look for typos or grammer stuff and let me know, preferrably through email, it would help a lot.

The layout is not done, so don't critic it. Got a lot to work on still. Making some good buckage on this one and have a lot of other businesses looking at it and prospective clients so I need to look at least literate.

Coquille Chamber of Commerce

Thanks les. The stuff you mentioned about the education are not up yet. With some browsers your cursor doesn't change when you put it over a link in a DHTML menu. What you can do is watch the Status Bar along the bottom of your browser to see if a link is in fact there. It'll display the name of the link along the status bar. If you don't see your status bar in IE, choose View, then Status Bar.

Thanks for help. I got the stuff you mentioned all fixed. That's my biggest damn problem with these friggin things. I never go back and reread.

EDIT: OK. That looked pretty friggin pathetic. The keys on this new laptop are taking a bit to get used to.

Yeah, I'm making some pretty good duckage for the work on the site, but, in return, I'm locked in a contract to maintain the site with a set fee for five years. In addition, I also get free membership in the Coquille Chamber with all the advertising perks that go along with it. Still, I'm making out pretty damn good with the initial fees and the yearly maintenance.

The lady who is my contact is going around telling all her business contacts about the site, emailing places that have the old site still linked and telling them. She even told all the county commissioners. Now I've got people emailing me about how great it looks and even a few inquiring about prices.

Well, I really don't think it's all the great. It's still pretty clumsy and rather drool. It still has a lot of work to be done on it.

Bishop - Thanks dude. I got that stuff on the current events page all fixed up.

Thanks for the emails. It's so much easier reading from a piece of paper than thrying to switch between apps and remembering what the changes are.

Well...you have 2 emails on the way with about 15 errors (mostly grammatical or spelling). The site's very nice.

Hope this helps :)

Got them. I went through and fixed it. Nearly all this stuff is material they provided me with. I wouldn't have a clue how to write it up myself. I just typed in as it was presented to me.

Bish - The pages that don't lead anywhere haven't been completed yet. I've still got to finish those pages or I'm waiting ofr them to provide me with some material to put on the pages. The Leo Cray house (that place is amazing. It took the guy who built it six years to complete it. The gutters are build into the house itself and are made of copper. The porch roofing it done in stained mohogany, every piece of timber was cut right there on site, the walls are concrete over the paneling instead of paster and even the flooring in the house is still the original...very beautiful) isn't done yet either. Still waiting for some text to put in.

Well, back to work. Gotta start putting some other stuff up. Thanks for the help guys. I really, really appreciate it. :)

Ok. I added some centent fr the Palces of Interest pages as well as put some material in the SWOCC page.

Question time. What is the appropriate way of display times? 9am, 9 am, 9a.m., or 9 a.m.?

Hey Bish, you think you could post a screen shot of that page where the text looks like it's going over the image? It's supposed to be going around it. What browser/version are you using to view the pages with?

posty YGM. also im trying to get your color back. not doing so hot on it though. damn new css codes.

It's not that big a deal sam. Don't go screwin' with the code if your not sure bud. It's really not that big of deal dude.

Thanks for the email. I went through and fixed all those issues. Again, that to you guys who have helped me out here with the typos. I really appreciate it. :)

Back