Weight loss...need i say more.

IDLEchild

Has anybody here tried to lose weight??? As we all know it is one of the hardest things to do and the older you get the harder it seems to be. So has anybody bitten the weight bug to confirm to the standards of Cosmopolitan magazine fashion models or the GQ hunks? Because as we all know most do it to look good not because of the health benefits.....i think some don't even know of the health benefits, they just do it for acceptance and smaller dress size.

Any body try any funky diets? and spend money on ridiculous meal plans etc because as you know many potential weight loss victims..err..candidates ignore basic biology and end up worrying they aren't losing weight.

A.B.Normal

Losing weight is alot easier than keeping it off.Of course getting off the couch/computer to go get some exercise and fresh air is even more of a PIA :swing:

BlurOfSerenity

i'm doing weight watchers, and have been for three weeks now.
i've lost six pounds!
that may not sound like much, but i'm pleased.

and yes, i AM doing it because i want to be HEALTHY. i dont give a crap if i'm overweight, and therefore socially unacceptable or some other fiddlefaddle of the sort.

i was happy being a size 18, at 188 pounds (that's a lot of 8's). but now i'm 182 lbs, and that's really cool!

if cosmo -- or anyone, for that matter -- doesnt like me, solely based on my size.... they get the biggest "FUCK YOU" from me.

chcr

Too cute for words
I have a stair stepper. If I use it on a regular basis (20 min. a day) I can still lose about 3-4 pounds a week. I get home from work most days and I just don't feel like doing it. I don't think it's all that hard, just hard to get motivated. Dieting, on the other hand, has never worked for me. No willpower. :D

Stop Laughing

I'm a little fat, so what? I'm not even close to morbidly obese, only missed the military requirement by about 10 pounds or so. It won't kill me for at least 25 years, so why worry now? I'd also like to save my energy for work, I can do quite a bit of lifting on almost any given day (especially Thursdays) something I wouldn't say I'm great at but at least I can do it when necessary.

Dave

i dont bother with diets. when my weight creeps up, i just start watching what i eat a little closer. i have a tendency to pig out on junk when i get home from work, then go to bed. i have noticed that it has gotten harder to loose the weight.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I have nothing to exercise with except all these damn kids. Little chubby through the middle nonetheless.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
yeah, you're right, but apparently i have great legs.

i run several days a week, climb several times, if my bike worked i'd be biking almost every day.

over the last year or so I haven't lost much weight, maybe 10lbs. but my body composition has changed significantly

PrincessLissa

I used to be lucky and alwasy be skinny. Then after I had my daughter, I was a depressed housewife and got all fat. then I lost it and gained it all back after the accident.

Easiest way was to cut calories in small places (like butter and mayo) and keep slowly cutting back and being much more active. After tha accident I gained it all back cuz I can't be as active. It's not the easiest thing in the world, but it's easier if you do it righ without all that magical pill or drink diet bullshit. Even more so when it comes to KEEPING it off.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I wasn't really overweighted, i just had a damn belly i didn't like. So it was fairly easy to get rid of my fat, i quit drinking sodas and alcoholic drinks while i was on a diet.

Plenty of water, no tortillas, no bread, no pastas, no fast food, and eating slower and until i felt i was satisfied (not feeling FULL like i used to).

PrincessLissa

Don't go Atkins and cut the carbs TOO low. You need those for excericise otherwise your muscle could deterate with decreases your metabolism.

Vickie

I have found it alot harder to loose the weight once you get older. In about 5 months time, I've lost 20 -lbs. I practically starve myself by living on 500 calories a day and no more than 15 grams of fat a day. I currently use Twinlab's Ultimate Diet Fuel. That stuff really curves your appetite.

Before I had my daughter I could eat anything I wanted and not gain a pound. Now if I could just get rid of my flabby stomach. Now that is impossible.

Also, it's so depressing when I just eat what I want, I gain about 5 pounds in one day. But I am almost at my goal of where I want to be.

And also doing aerobics is a quick way that sheds the pounds. That is if you like the hard work-out.

PrincessLissa

Vickie said:
I have found it alot harder to loose the weight once you get older. In about 5 months time, I've lost 20 -lbs. I practically starve myself by living on 500 calories a day and no more than 15 grams of fat a day. I currently use Twinlab's Ultimate Diet Fuel. That stuff really curves your appetite.

Before I had my daughter I could eat anything I wanted and not gain a pound. Now if I could just get rid of my flabby stomach. Now that is impossible.

Also, it's so depressing when I just eat what I want, I gain about 5 pounds in one day. But I am almost at my goal of where I want to be.

And also doing aerobics is a quick way that sheds the pounds. That is if you like the hard work-out.

Baby, that is gonna make you gain weight and also makes you clincly anorexic. If you are only consuming 500 calories you are going to loose muscle when you work out and your metabolisim will get much much slower. Plus if you are still able to find 15 grams of fat in so few calories, maybe you need to look at what you are eating. A normal average weight loss program is about 22-26 grams of fat a day and and at the lowest 1200 calories with a good work out. Please don't starve yourself hun. I have been there and while you think you might be fine now, you will get worse and hurt your body even more.

areobics is good but make sure the class focises on muscle groups and not jsut cardio. Also it'll help to weight train even just a little so that your metabolisim will be boosted and also it is denser than fat and will make you healthier in MANY ways.

Mirlyn

I'm with tommyj.....I just stay active and hover around 170 lbs at 6' 2". No stomach and solid legs and arms. My metabolism isn't as high as it used to be though, so I'm eating less. I find myself not going back for thirds, and sometimes not even seconds.