welcome, marvt74!

tommyj27

Not really Banned
in honor of your joining i've taken the liberty of translating (with the help of altavista) the beginning of an address by bill gates at the 1996 unix expo from english, to german, to french, and back into english. Enjoy! :tardbang:
Good mornings. I do not hope myself am place here. I am, before I do not start outside, how much the people used here indeed a computer founded by curiosity? (Of the laughter.) In order which whole him. The reason, must speak well to me here above this Unix the publication is, the some-a developments very exciting which indeed on the things and a side of software which systems make work together like indeed ahead, and take place rueber the some use of the complete PC-Weltueberlaufes the Unix and of place of work Bedienerwelt, allow. If we go from return a manner in to time, Microsoft was true the first of going and requiring to AT&T, to receive a commercial licence pleasant high-volume for of the Unix. And for much, much years we were not only the highest expenditure of the bachelors, for our clean Xenix of products, but Siemens with their, are descended Cruz with their and dozen and pre-bachelor dozen. I must allow it, were rather difficult to work the back with AT&T then. They simply did not include/understand, which they had. They did not include/understand, like the value, either in him correctly encourage expressed, or in re-examining expressed handhat if there were not a distribution, such as the different implementations were joined. And so that the vacuum in control causes a small number a dilemma each one which was included in the Unix.
welcome to the boards

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
You guys ever notice how most of our welcome threads never get noticed by the person we are welcoming? What's up with that?

And while I'm on the subject, what is with these people that register but never post? I don't actually register for a board unless I want to post something, you can browse or lurk all you want without registering, so why register?[/rant]

PT

nah, really? I guess that could be part of them. I'm just so Naive.

B

Bubba

someone once told me that they are too shy to start a conversation with someone on a bbs. i think the reason some people sign up and don't post is because they feel like they don't really know anyone and are afraid to.

PT

I understand that, but thats why we start these threads, so we make the first step. I'd think some of them would be willing to take the second.

dan

i was starting to think it a bit strange too...

guess we'll never know if they never post...

and what's the use of an alt if it's never used to post anything?

Scanty

PT's totally right. It's understandable that people are intimidated/nervous etc but if they are then they shouldn't register. You can't be more welcoming to a person that we are. :shrug: