Welcome TexasRaceLady.

TexasRaceLady

Thanx. Anyone have a cold beer? It's hotter than the backside of hell here in East Texas.

BTW, Professur, I like your sig. hehehe
Wanted to say that to large numbers of students in the past.

Professur

*Pops the top on a can of Mongoose and forks it over*

There ya go. Be warned, it's none of that american piss. That's real beer.

TexasRaceLady

HeXp£Øi± said:
Ahhh, from the SECOND largest state i see. Welcome. :D

Yep --- got over that problem long ago. At least in Texas you can go outside in the wintertime and not freeze your balls/tits off.

Professur

Hang on then

*rummages about in bottom of cooler*

Here ya go. Garrison, from Barracks Brewries, Halifax, Ns. As good as Guiness this side of the pond.

HeXp£Øi±

TexasRaceLady said:
Yep --- got over that problem long ago. At least in Texas you can go outside in the wintertime and not freeze your balls/tits off.

We can go outside, we just marry Eskimos to keep us warm.

Sharky

Welcome to OTC! :toast:

What part of Texas? I lived in Mexia, once upon a time. Lotsa peach orchards.

Are you a NASCAR fan? Who's your favorite driver?

How did you find OTC?

More interrogation later.

Stop Laughing

I should change my title to I'll ask the 'useless' questions around here then if you're gonna be the interrogator then, I don't really want that job as I'm not real good at it, I'm as intimidating right now as a housefly or Kevin Brown. :D

Welcome to OTC!

TexasRaceLady

Sharky said:
Welcome to OTC! :toast:

What part of Texas? I lived in Mexia, once upon a time. Lotsa peach orchards.

Are you a NASCAR fan? Who's your favorite driver?

How did you find OTC?

More interrogation later.

Sharky, I live in Palestine, TX, not all that far from Mexia. Palestine is home to the famous Chili Pepper Festival :rofl3: and not much else.

Yes, I'm an old phart NASCAR fan. Started out with the Big E in 1979 and haven't quit yet. Season ticket holder at Texas Motor Speedway. Headed to Atlanta on Halloween weekend for the race there.

I'm a Mod on one of samcurry's other boards, and decided to check out this place.

Stop Laughing, I know how you feel. There were times in the classroom when I felt about as intimidating as wallpaper. :toast:

HomeLAN

Coming to my neck of the woods, eh? Are you coming any further north than AMS, or just staying in that area?

TexasRaceLady

HomeLAN said:
Coming to my neck of the woods, eh? Are you coming any further north than AMS, or just staying in that area?

I'll be heading up to Charlotte/Mooresville after the race. Have a 'net bud coming down from MA --- she's a race virgin. She wants to see some race shops, so I'll do the tour thing for her. LOL

TexasRaceLady

Professur said:
TRL, you stole our shower thread. Shame on you. You'll have to bring one back here to replace it.

Oh, the shameless plagarism. :evilcool:

Can't let a good thing be hidden under a bushel. It just begged to be shared.

Sharky

TexasRaceLady said:
Sharky, I live in Palestine, TX, not all that far from Mexia. Palestine is home to the famous Chili Pepper Festival :rofl3: and not much else.

Yes, I'm an old phart NASCAR fan. Started out with the Big E in 1979 and haven't quit yet. Season ticket holder at Texas Motor Speedway. Headed to Atlanta on Halloween weekend for the race there.

I'm a Mod on one of samcurry's other boards, and decided to check out this place.

#3 was a hell of a talented race car driver. My first race was at Atlanta in 1977. I got to ride in a car (not a race car) around the track in the pre-race parade lap! :cool: Cale Yarborough, Richard Petty, the Allisons, Buddy Baker, Ned Jarrett - they were all my favorites. I guess my all-time favorite was Bill Elliott, because I grew up near Dawsonville (and he was an awesome race car driver). Now, I don't know any of the new blood well enough to cheer for them, the sport has changed so dramatically in the last few years.

It's nice to meet ya, and anytime you want to talk racing, let 'er rip! :swing: