Well, that was fun.

HomeLAN

It rained so hard here yesterday afternoon that it caused a storm drain to burst and wash out an interstate. Of course, it's on my route to work. The AJC says the the drive from Marietta to Ashford Dunwoody (my drive exactly) usually takes 25 minutes and was over an hour this morning.

I made it in 40 minutes, but I took back roads.

The infrastructure in this town needs serious work.

tonksy

HomeLAN said:
It rained so hard here yesterday afternoon that it caused a storm drain to burst and wash out an interstate. Of course, it's on my route to work. The AJC says the the drive from Marietta to Ashford Dunwoody (my drive exactly) usually takes 25 minutes and was over an hour this morning.

oh no! we were lucky...we were home watching star trek through all of it. the worst we got? a soaking wet hermione and a now swollen shut side door.

HomeLAN

Stay the hell away form I-285 across the north end. They're "shooting for" 4 PM to be done. Apparently, the parking lot begins on I-75 southbound at Windy Hill, and 285 Eastbound before 41.

HomeLAN

Navigator now lists estimated cleanup at 6:10 PM. :rolleyes:

Thank God I'm going in the other direction to get home. Hope the rubbernecking isn't too bad.

Uki Chick

Thank goodness I don't live anywhere near there. Don't have to worry about things like that happening to me.

Sharky

I feel for you people.

I do NOT miss the Atlanta cow trails. It is so difficult to get from one side to the other in that city because the roads meander aimlessly, combined with being overloaded with traffic.

I dread having to do a hurricane evac from down here, however. :dizzy:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Sharky said:
I feel for you people.

I do NOT miss the Atlanta cow trails. It is so difficult to get from one side to the other in that city because the roads meander aimlessly, combined with being overloaded with traffic.

I dread having to do a hurricane evac from down here, however. :dizzy:

I didn't think Atlanta had to worry about hurricanes. Too far inland. :confused:

Sharky

Gato_Solo said:
I didn't think Atlanta had to worry about hurricanes. Too far inland. :confused:

I should have been more specific. I dread hurricane evac from here in Panama City Beach. The coastal evac for Opal made Atlanta traffic look like nuthin'.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
HomeLAN said:

Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it. Chicagoland & northwest Indiana are both in the middle of major reconstrucion on the 294/80/94 area of the south side. This afternoon it took me over 2 hours to go what should take :23 minutes. At one point it took me over an hour to go 3 miles. Construction, a shortening vacation time (summer) & Friday came together to create havoc :mad: