Well...that's one way to do it!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So, I have a bacterial infection in my throat...it started late Sunday night and yesterday I finally gave in and went to the Doc's. It is NOT strep (THANK GOD!) but I did need anti-biotics. Now, for 3 days I practically lived off of jello...my throat was so swollen it hurt even to swallow but I guess the cold and slippery combo of jello made that not so bad to eat. Last night I started including chicken noodle soup into my diet (well, chicken Mr Noodles actually but very similar)...I lost like 8 lbs on my jello diet though...8 LBS! Screw Atkins I say!! Eat Jello!!!

Makes me feel good, this illness could not have come at a better time. I am down 8 lbs and determined to not gain that back AND to lose more. I will NOT do it on a jello diet though because that is SO unhealthy (duh). Chris and I have been talking about starting to work out every Saturday. So, we are gonna start this weekend. There is a community center near us where you pay $2 and can use all their machines for as long as you want for the day. I am excited.

Uki Chick

That's great Nix! Maybe I should try that diet. Might work well for me just to give my body a kick start. Sorry to hear you were sick though.

IDLEchild

Nixy said:
..I lost like 8 lbs on my jello diet though...8 LBS! Screw Atkins I say!! Eat Jello!!!

Well yeah...Jello has little to nothing of everything....that was to be expected.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah...I felt OK yesterday afternoon, I felt good last night after actually having eatten something other than jello (Mr Noodles) and I feel fabulous now that I have eatten a granola bar and some pizza today.

Rose

Ah, but unless you plan to stay on the Jello Diet indefinately, expect those pounds to come back. :(

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
But, I am gonna start working out this weekend Rose...so I am hoping that those pounds will stay off and then in a few weeks more will start to come off...YAY for a bf who when I express interest in something (going to the gym) volunteers to go with me!!! Having someone doing it with me will keep me motivated :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Come to think of it...JGelatin, from which Jello is derived, is 99% protein. Atkins would love Jello...except for the sugar part. Atkins hates sugar. ;)

Rose

Oh, but Gato - Atkins only hates sugar that impacts blood levels. Sugars such as "sucralose" or Splenda are okay by Atkins. :D

Nixy - right on! And that's superfab to hear about the BF

kuulani

Nixy said:
But, I am gonna start working out this weekend Rose...so I am hoping that those pounds will stay off and then in a few weeks more will start to come off...YAY for a bf who when I express interest in something (going to the gym) volunteers to go with me!!! Having someone doing it with me will keep me motivated :D

Yup, it's way super easier when there's someone to work out with *nods*

fury

Administrator
Staff member
To keep it off is simple - never drink water again. Those 8lbs were most likely water weight.

Stop Laughing

My father lost a ton of weight (over 100 pounds) when battling with a severe case of pneumonia that put him in the hospital for some time. Now he's down to 160 pounds or so, much better than teetering close to 300. He lost a lot of strength though, and he's clearly getting old, he's now on a strict diet cause he's developed diabetes since then (runs in the family, both of his parents had it) but uses his diet to control it so he doesn't need insulin, and a diabetic diet helps keep the weight from coming back, too.

Winky

I am six feet tall and weigh 142 LBS
I have a basal metabolic rate that runs
at lightspeed. I can eat anything I see
it doesn't matter to me. Of course I was
125 LBS when I got out of H.S. so even
I have put on weight.

One downside of having 9% bodyfat and
a racing metabolism is that if I don't eat
occasionally I get weak as a kitten.

Inkara1

I seem to have lost about 5 pounds working at Home Depot and eating at home for lunch instead of at Carl's Jr. I don't know where the pounds went to, but I don't miss them.