What are you looking forward to most...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
...about Christmas?

I am looking forward to my brother and my mom loving the gifts I bought them this year (I think I really hit the nail on the head..*pats herself on the back*), I am looking forward to all the food...two Christmas dinners (one here at noon and supper at my Aunt's house with all my Dad's family) and then another huge feast on Dec 27 with all my mom's family and a big seafood feast with my mom's family at my Uncle's on New Year's Eve, I am looking forward to just being with my family on Christmas morning because it's always so awesome, and finally the selfish thing I am looking forward to is getting my cowboy boots finally :D

tonksy

We've already had our Christmas and it was great....but as far as the actual day I suppose I'm looking forward to sleeping in, eating a great meal of a cajun deboned turkey stuffed with crawfish dressing atop sweet potatoes with a side of collard greens, and watching the football game with my love.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
We've already had our Christmas and it was great....but as far as the actual day I suppose I'm looking forward to sleeping in, eating a great meal of a cajun deboned turkey stuffed with crawfish dressing atop sweet potatoes with a side of collard greens, and watching the football game with my love.

Are the girls gone to dad's for Christmas day? Is that why you've celebrated already?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonksy said:

And where was Rob during all that? :lol:

Stop Laughing

Bears clinching the division in Green Bay, I can't wait...

Present wise, I usually don't ask for a lot, usually only stuff I need, like a new wallet, clothes (I can always use more) and gift cards for little shopping sprees. My brother, meanwhile, says he wants at least $300 cash and nothing else. Should I give him directions to all of the ATMs in town as a gag gift?

HomeLAN

Sitting and sipping Booker's laced eggnog, basking in the fact that this year, I got all the shit done a whole week ahead of schedule.

greenfreak

All the kids opening presents. It's also really great that there are still a few who believe in Santa. I just hope they really like what I got them, I think I did good this year. We shall see!

Inkara1

Stop Laughing said:

Present wise, I usually don't ask for a lot, usually only stuff I need, like a new wallet, clothes (I can always use more) and gift cards for little shopping sprees. My brother, meanwhile, says he wants at least $300 cash and nothing else. Should I give him directions to all of the ATMs in town as a gag gift?
Get him $300 worth of Johnny Cash CDs.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Stop Laughing said:

Firstly...it seems kinda rude for one to specify that they want ATLEAST a specified amount...almost like a demand instead of a wish...also, has he said what his plans for such cash would be? For example, I asked my mom to save all the money she received for me from my grandparents and any family in newfoundland who often send cash due to the huge costs of mailing parcels...because I was buying a mp3 player and was going to put it all towards that...if it's just cash for "whatever" that isn't what Christmas should be about...

I am glad my family still manages to capture the meaning of Christmas, it makes me sad when others seem to have turned it into a cash grab...I bet my mom probably spent a huge amount on both me and my brother but not because we asked her too...because she wants to see us excited about all the cool stuff she got for us...I also over spent because I want to see her excited...

Stop Laughing

Nixy said:
Firstly...it seems kinda rude for one to specify that they want ATLEAST a specified amount...almost like a demand instead of a wish...also, has he said what his plans for such cash would be? For example, I asked my mom to save all the money she received for me from my grandparents and any family in newfoundland who often send cash due to the huge costs of mailing parcels...because I was buying a mp3 player and was going to put it all towards that...if it's just cash for "whatever" that isn't what Christmas should be about...

I am glad my family still manages to capture the meaning of Christmas, it makes me sad when others seem to have turned it into a cash grab...I bet my mom probably spent a huge amount on both me and my brother but not because we asked her too...because she wants to see us excited about all the cool stuff she got for us...I also over spent because I want to see her excited...

I agree. That's why I'd rather give him the gag gift (another idea was to get a fake gun and tell him to rob a convenience store with it to get his wish), otherwise he'll learn nothing and continue being spoiled until he gets overrun with debt later in life. He's very careless with his money. I know it's tough only working part time and going to school, but he makes more than enough to cover his necessities by himself. His biggest bill is his cellphone, which I do not consider a necessity for him. Where else is his money going? He's not paying totally for his school himself, so that's not it. Gas may be high, but he can't be spending more than half his income on it. I must be missing something here...

BlurOfSerenity

unless he legitimately needs the money, i second the monopoly money idea :)

one of my favorite family christmas time traditions happend tonight, and that was the making of the eggnog. my dad makes eggnog almost every year, with the big pot and wooden spoon that were his mother's. he traditionally makes it on the 20th or 21st, and yes, he makes it with alcohol :) ever since i was a little kid it's been my job to stir. i just keep stirring it with that big wooden spoon. when i was younger my arms would get so tired, i'd have to keep switching, lol.
in the past few years, my enjoying a glass or two has become common. it's very smooth, my dad doesn't follow an exact recipe. if it's too sharp, he adds more milk or sugar. too sweet, more whiskey. but it always ends up very smooth.
i plan on carrying on the tradition for the rest of my life, and passing it on as well. i need my dad to write down, at least roughly, the recipe. he has one written down, i think his dad wrote it. but we don't know where it is, he makes it from memory. i have a fear that it will be lost forever someday.
but yeah, eggnog making is my favorite holiday-time tradition.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Stop Laughing said:
I agree. That's why I'd rather give him the gag gift (another idea was to get a fake gun and tell him to rob a convenience store with it to get his wish), otherwise he'll learn nothing and continue being spoiled until he gets overrun with debt later in life. He's very careless with his money. I know it's tough only working part time and going to school, but he makes more than enough to cover his necessities by himself. His biggest bill is his cellphone, which I do not consider a necessity for him. Where else is his money going? He's not paying totally for his school himself, so that's not it. Gas may be high, but he can't be spending more than half his income on it. I must be missing something here...

Yeah...if he's living at home not paying rent there is no reason a parttime job shouldn't cover his necessities...when I was in highschool I know lots of people who worked parttime, had a car and paid for it all by themselves and also saved for post secondary...and they still had money to burn most of the time...so, even if you change the savings and most of the "money to burn" into tuition payments he must be wasting some money somewhere...I say if you decide you don't know what to buy him interms of a gift either make a tuition payment for him or buy him a giftcard for gas...that way he can't piss away the money :D

Winky

none of you get it
ya see collage grads are always gonna have
'money to burn' so they are just in training heh heh

fergit X-Mas, I immediately thought when I read this thread title
(cuz someone don't know how to make em so they
import the proper connotations, upfront?)

"what are you looking forward to most"

Grand-parenthood

oh and then my death?

lots to look foward to thar Wanky

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Winky said:
none of you get it
ya see collage grads are always gonna have
'money to burn' so they are just in training heh heh

fergit X-Mas, I immediately thought when I read this thread title
(cuz someone don't know how to make em so they
import the proper connotations, upfront?)

"what are you looking forward to most"

Grand-parenthood

oh and then my death?

lots to look foward to thar Wanky

The dots indicate there is more to come, you see, if people don't know what exactly the thread is about the are more likely to enter it and then reply to it.

Winky

Oh I get it
like I don't enter and post in damn near
every fricken post on this board already?

(too the eternal irritation of some I'm sure)

Yesh the all knowing always right on top of things

Nix-o-rama has spoken re: thread title etiquette
as per the barely 20 sumthin' Canuck scrhool kid

and now we return you to yer normally boring tripe

"Ewwww Ewwwww I wisha hada Zillion Dollars!!!"

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1