What do you put on your hotdog?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Just Ketchup and Mustard for me. Just mustard on my brats. I love brats. Can do without dogs, except those wrinkled overcooked dogs at ball games, those are the best.

HeXp£Øi±

Mayo & Tabasco Sauce
I realize this is just Totally unrealated but on my hambergers i like mayo onions Yellow peppers & halepino peppers with a dash of Tabasco and just a thin hamberger with some bacon.

Sluuuurp*

Stop Laughing

Mustard, relish, tomatoes, pickle, celery salt (if they have it, it's not very common, even here) and when I feel like it, hot peppers. :) Ketchup doesn't go on a real Chicago hot dog. :p I hate raw onions, yuck. I love a 'Maxwell Street' Polish though, it's a polish sausage with just mustard and a whole mound of grilled onions, delicious. I love brats too but not many places around here make them (McDonalds did for a while, but those were less cooked than their burgers :sick: ), I have to go to Wisconsin to get them. :(

Jeslek

Banned
I realize this is just Totally unrealated but on my hambergers i like mayo onions Yellow peppers & halepino peppers with a dash of Tabasco and just a thin hamberger with some bacon

mayo - nope, don't want
onions - yep
yellow peppers - yep, and red, green, orange
halapino pepers - yep, ltos and lots of them
tobasco - yep, love that too

and I also want tomatoes, lettuce, and lots of cheese :D

Stop Laughing

hehe, speaking of sausages...

An animal-rights group wants the Milwaukee Brewers to expand their traditional weiner race by adding a vegetarian sausage.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals asked the Brewers to add a soy sausage to the bratwurst, hot dog, Polish sausage and Italian sausage that compete in the race during games.

The sausage race features four people dressed in costumes running a race on the warning track between the sixth and seventh innings.

PETA wrote to Brewers owner Wendy Selig-Prieb asking for the addition.

The Brewers don't relish the idea of bringing in another sausage, but if they change their minds, we volunteer a name: Soy Hobbs.

From this week's USA Today's Sports Weekly.

That race is hysterical to watch (they brought them to Wrigley once, they're all crazy, they run backwards and knock each other over and stuff), if they add the soy one, they should make it just die at the starting line every time or something. :D

nalani

depends on my mood .. most of the time I just like it plain but sometimes I like it with mayo and ketchup ... other times, I like it with mustard ...

halamikage

Hmmm...just ketchup and relish on my red hot dog...don't do the mustard thing :sick2: I'd really like to experience a Chicago hot dog one day *thinking that me and Ku'u should REALLY hit it to Chicago* and a Gray's Papaya hot dog from N.Y.C. Hot dogs just taste different everywhere...

As for the burgers, ketchup, mayo, lettuce and tomatoes...I don't like the big round pieces of onions but I'll order onion rings on the side....call me weird but I just don't like 'um in my burger :shrug:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
mayonaise and ketchup.

if crude onion is available then i will put some.

Psycho

Never go out to get hotdogs, they're not at all common here, but when I make them at home, I usually put garlic sauce (is that the correct word?) on it, weird but tastes good!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Mustard, Ketchup, onions, relish, and a healthy dose of Tabasco sauce.

I usually mix ranch dressing and tabasco for my bratwurst.

greenfreak

Does no one like sauerkraut?? I'm surprised. Or is that just a NY 'dirty water dog' thing??

I like sauerkraut and ketchup.

Stop Laughing

Sauerkraut is for kielbasa (huge Polish sausage, way too big for a measly bun). It must be a NY thing, pretty much only Polish restaurants here have sauerkraut. I love sauerkraut, though, I should try it on a hot dog sometime, if I can, that's harder to find than celery salt.

greenfreak

Although NY has the reputation of being able to get anything you want, any time, I've never really believed it. I guess when you've never really lived anywhere else, you get used to having whatever you want at your fingertips.

All the hot dog vendors have sauerkraut, some have relish/onions/chili... You have to be a brave soul to go up to a vendor and ask for a hot dog with everything. :eek: If I'm getting a hot dog, I try to get Sabrett because they're the best tasting.