What, does my breath stink?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
To which she lovingly answers, now that you bring it up, yes. :(

I've taken good care of my teeth but am one of those people whose body decides to attack them anyway. Cavaties as a pre-teen, a crown in my early twenties. At that point, I said I'd do what I could, until I could do no more.

Today is that day. I just got back from the dentist & pre-paid several thousand dollars (stupid useless dental insurance) to become a toothless wonder. The Monday after Christmas I get 31 teeth (or what's left of them) extracted & dentures put back in tehir place. This is gonna suck so bad.

I could have had implants done...at $4000, per tooth. :brush: NOt today, thanks.

Here's hoping my son gets my eyes & her teeth.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I ain't far behind ya probably. Mine have been messed up since adolescence, and the reality of dentures has loomed over my head since. It likely won't be too awful long now.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
WOOHOO!!! I can now become one of the enlightened ones & have a cause. I'm hereby announcing my displeasure & offendedness at this :brush:

OK, where's my money?

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:

I've taken good care of my teeth but am one of those people whose body decides to attack them anyway. Cavaties as a pre-teen, a crown in my early twenties. At that point, I said I'd do what I could, until I could do no more.

Today is that day. I just got back from the dentist & pre-paid several thousand dollars (stupid useless dental insurance) to become a toothless wonder. The Monday after Christmas I get 31 teeth (or what's left of them) extracted & dentures put back in tehir place. This is gonna suck so bad.

I could have had implants done...at $4000, per tooth. :brush: NOt today, thanks.

I feel your pain. I'm having three extracted later this month. Had the consult today. Luckily I'll only need a bridge on each side.

HomeLAN

Sorry. You're white, male and middle-classed. By statute, you CAN'T be offended. And you already have too much stinking money.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
I feel your pain. I'm having three extracted later this month. Had the consult today. Luckily I'll only need a bridge on each side.

That was an option (all 4 quadrants) but as they pointed out, unless I'm willing to come in every six months & realize the probability of major work each time...it just isn't worth it anymore.

K62

Gonz said:

Up here we have these nifty little gadgets called "Tooth brushes" :brush:
They work pretty good.

Just kidding feller... my front 2 top teeth aren't all real... but it had nothing to do with cavities! :brush:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The point of nitrous is....?

2 diazepam made me high & sleepy. Then they added a nitrous nose mask & that didn't do squat (that I could tell). I still felt the damned needles they used for the local, damnit. After that I didn't feel squat. Yanked & put in within a couple hours.

The tops aren't a problem, the bottoms slip too much. Time & liners heal all things (I hope). A couple of hours of relatively heavy bleeding (they did pull all my teeth) & a few short naps things are decent, considering. One tooth was locked in with my sinus cavity so I have to take come antibiotics (but I can breathe freely, HALLELUJAH!!!!) and, according to the goofy dental assistant, a high dose acetametaphine & a high dose Ibuprofen, takem together, is equal too a narcotic. :shrug: ( :bs: )

I'm suppsed to keep them in for 24 hours then I can use a salt rinse. We had leftover spaghetti (manicotti) & meatballs for dinner. Piece of cake (the pepperoni was difficult & was limited to two pieces)

I want my teeth back...although I'm not sure I'll miss the irregualr abscesses
& random breakeage.

tonksy

Poor Gonz!
I had a friend in the Navy that had his teeth pulled and was fitted with dentures. He only wore them in port. As soon as the ship pulled out he pulled out his teeth saying he didn't give a shit about how he looked to us they were just too uncomfy. I hope yours are not so uncomfortable.

FluerVanderloo

My teeth kinda suck too. I've had 6 cavities so far in my life despite brushing and flossing regularly. On top of that I've now had my braces for over 4 years. Grah.

Winky

You'll wear them teeth all the time or else
you''ll end up lookin' like the bitter beer face guy

goofball.jpg

ya poor bastard