What does this say about the Dems

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Only crazies are not Republican? Only crazies hate repblicans? Dems court the radicals? What?

FoxNews said:
NEW YORK — Radical protesters are reportedly trying to cause chaos at the Republican National Convention in New York City at the end of August.

Reports show that fringe groups are hatching a plot on the Internet, telling people how to attack and trick police with the ultimate goal of evacuating Madison Square Garden (search). The suggestions include everything from throwing marbles in the path of police-mounted horses to going to shooting ranges before heading to the convention so that their clothes will reek of gunpowder and trick bomb-sniffing dogs on the subways and commuter trains.

New York City police (search) say they are worried about the tactics diverting their time and resources from preventing authentic attacks, and add that they are preparing for "black blocs" of anarchists who cover their face with bandanas and vandalize corporate targets.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
What does this say about the Dems.

Only crazies are not Republican? Only crazies hate repblicans? Dems court the radicals? What?
Nothing whatsoever?????

PowerballWinner

I honestly doubt the DNC would encourage illegal behavior but I wouldn't be surprised. I remember watching a clip of the Democratic National Convention in 2000 and there was disorder at it done by Democrats. I know the Kucinich campaign would never approve of that kind of behavior. Given Kerry's personality I don't know.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Apples & oranges? A group of leftist radicals demonstrate the RNC & hope to turn NYC into a nightmare because "they aren't the ones currently in power" (it isn't the first time, rememebr 2000 San Diego as a recent example) yet when I point out that other members of these groups don't protest the DNC when the Dems are in power & you say it isn't the same? :rolleyes:

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
Apples & oranges? A group of leftist radicals demonstrate the RNC & hope to turn NYC into a nightmare because "they aren't the ones currently in power" (it isn't the first time, rememebr 2000 San Diego as a recent example) yet when I point out that other members of these groups don't protest the DNC when the Dems are in power & you say it isn't the same? :rolleyes:
Because it isn't. The social, political and economic climate were different each time (and will be different again the next time). The fact of their protests in no way reflects on the Democrats in general (or Republicans for that matter). Except in your mind.:rolleyes:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
blind.gif

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Is it still much ado about nothing?

Some of the groups organizing protests at this summer's Republican National Convention in New York – including one anarchist outfit planning disruptions – get funding from a foundation chaired by Teresa Heinz Kerry, the wife of the presumed Democratic Party presidential nominee.

WND