What happened to me?

tonksy

I used to be so hardcore!
I am now a PTA member, an elementary library volunteer once a week, Assistant Kindergarten room Mom,...and now, to top it all off, I am the leader of the Daisy Scout Troop!
Life comes at you fast.

tonksy

Poor Rob! I bet when he bought this joint he never imagined some chick would be traipsing 16 Daisy Scouts through it!
I'm actually kind of excited about the Scout thing. I thought it would be a great thing for Mar to be involved in now that she is old enough and I had a heads up from a neighbor that finding a Troop Leader for the Daisies was always hard and that if they didn't get one there would not be a troop formed. At the meeting last night I waited until it was evident that no one else was going to bite the bullet and accept the job.
The good thing is that I have 2 Co-Leaders and several Mom's and even a few Dad's that have expressed a willingness to help out.

Professur

Poor Rob! I bet when he bought this joint he never imagined some chick would be traipsing 16 Daisy Scouts through it!
I'm actually kind of excited about the Scout thing. I thought it would be a great thing for Mar to be involved in now that she is old enough and I had a heads up from a neighbor that finding a Troop Leader for the Daisies was always hard and that if they didn't get one there would not be a troop formed. At the meeting last night I waited until it was evident that no one else was going to bite the bullet and accept the job.
The good thing is that I have 2 Co-Leaders and several Mom's and even a few Dad's that have expressed a willingness to help out.

There's one born every minute. Mum and the next door neighbour ran our Cub Scout pack. You should talk to her.

tonksy

Um...I haven't gotten that far yet. I have some classes I have to attend and I am expecting to receive a schedule of those shortly.
I have, however, secured the site of the first meeting and that's a start.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I think I'm still struggling between "youngness" and "adultness".

I work hard, I save money and I have plans on buying a house.
But I still get drunk on weekends, still do a lot of stupidities and I still think about what others might think about my actions.

:shrug:

tonksy

I just came back from the initial leader meeting with all the leaders from the school's other (older) groups. It's overwhelming a bit. Me and my primary co-leader are attending our initial training on Saturday and I need to schedule my CPR recert.
Got some great ideas for events and crafting. This is going to be a lifestyle thing, I can tell. All these women have been into this since the beginning, you know?
I'm kinda stoked.

woodman19_99

I think I'm still struggling between "youngness" and "adultness".

I work hard, I save money and I have plans on buying a house.
But I still get drunk on weekends, still do a lot of stupidities and I still think about what others might think about my actions.

:shrug:

Same place as me... I should probably decide if I am going to accept this "adultness" thing soon though...

BB

i'm not sure it's somet ye decide .... till the day ye have no choice but concede it has crept uo on you.... :eek5:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't wear pants between April & November :p

No doom & gloom. There are amazing reasons to be 21. There are amazing reasons to be 40 (there just aren't as many)