What happened to PC?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd love to hear about this regarding a black or hispanic. Maybe Jessee Jackson will come to his rescue. Maybe the NAACP will associate itself with the Jewish League & run this POS out of town. Probably not.

UK Telegraph said:
An Oxford University professor has provoked outrage by rejecting an application from an Israeli PhD student purely because of his nationality.

Andrew Wilkie, the Nuffield professor of pathology and a fellow of Pembroke College, is under investigation after telling Amit Duvshani, a student at Tel Aviv university, that he and many other British academics were not prepared to take on Israelis because of the "gross human rights abuses" he claims that they inflict on Palestinians.

Prof Wilkie made the comments after Mr Duvshani, 26, wrote to him requesting the opportunity to work in Prof Wilkie's laboratory towards a PhD thesis. Mr Duvshani, who is in the last months of a master's degree in molecular biology, included a CV detailing his academic and outside experience, including his mandatory three-year national service in the Israeli army.

In a reply sent by email on June 23, Prof Wilkie wrote: "Thank you for contacting me, but I don't think this would work. I have a huge problem with the way that the Israelis take the moral high ground from their appalling treatment in the Holocaust, and then inflict gross human rights abuses on the Palestinians because they [the Palestinians] wish to live in their own country.

"I am sure that you are perfectly nice at a personal level, but no way would I take on somebody who had served in the Israeli army. As you may be aware, I am not the only UK scientist with these views but I'm sure you will find another lab if you look around."

Telegraph

chcr

Too cute for words
While I don't agree with his reasoning, I think he does have the right to his political opinions. He's not turning him down because he's a jew, but because he swrved in the Israeli army. Subtle distinction, I'll grant you.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Thats the problem with trying to discuss Israeli politics. Sooner or later they call you anti semetic if you don't agree with them. Its played like a race card.

ris

being an israeili citizen and serving in the armed forces is mandatory. as a secular state with a therefore secularly drafted mandatory service the jewishness of the citizen appears to be unimportant.

chcr

Too cute for words
as a secular state with a therefore secularly drafted mandatory service the jewishness of the citizen appears to be unimportant.
Good point, but I suspect the reality is very different.

ris

not that it changes much he has written a full apology to the student and the university are going to paddle his arse

bbc more

Aunty Em

He has a right to his views but he shouldn't discriminate on the grounds of nationality. Although I too "have a huge problem with the way that the Israelis take the moral high ground, and then inflict gross human rights abuses on the Palestinians because they [the Palestinians] wish to live in their own country."

Raven

Annoying SOB
Aunty Em said:
He has a right to his views but he shouldn't discriminate on the grounds of nationality. Although I too "have a huge problem with the way that the Israelis take the moral high ground, and then inflict gross human rights abuses on the Palestinians because they [the Palestinians] wish to live in their own country."
They already have Jordan though......