What happens after gun control?

Jeslek

Banned
The Soviet Union established gun control in 1929. From 1929 to 1953, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Turkey established gun control in 1911. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill people, and other "mongrelized peoples," unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1 million "educated people," unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Thank you.

Inkara1

I went to the Fresno County Courthouse with Brandi to try to get a marriage license. They wouldn't let me in the building, because I carry a swiss army knife in my pocket. I had to walk all the way back to the car and put it in there, then walk all the way back. Then, we found out marriage licenses aren't issued in the courthouse, they're issued in the County Clerk's office, which is a few blocks down the street... and the County Clerk's office doesn't check for knives.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
LL, I see & agree with your point. Just remember, just because one has a weapon doesn't mean that one is safe.

Remeber Waco?
wacofr.gif

Jeslek

Banned
Well I carry my Swiss Army Knife with me at all times, and after looking into getting gun permits (in Canada), I found that it is illegal to carry a knife in my pocket. So I'm violating the law each day. Oh well.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
So am I then...I use my Swiss Army Knife for crimes once unthinkable for men: I cut wires with it and when I'm in an extremely criminal mood I sometimes even use it to open computers! :eek:

And Transavia wasn't very pleased I tried to take it with me into the plane :D
I totally forgot I was carrying it with me :D

Oh well. One of the security guys in Bordeaux had a nice day today: he got a Swiss Army Knife for free :D
I already was planning to buy another one :)

ris

i'm going to have to remember not to take my craft knives with me when i go abroad, i've had enough nicked from work without having them pinched by security staff.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
LastLegionary said:
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

BS, there are no mayas in the world, it is an enigma where they went.

Just for the record, can you please post the number of "US citizens able to defend themselves that were rounded and exterminated" ???? Let's say.......from 1970 up to date.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
The Soviet Union established gun control in 1929. From 1929 to 1953, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

That's total crap. As if those 20 millions were able to keep themselves alive if they did have guns....the Russian regime wasn't that subtle.

And for what's Germany is concerned: you can't defend yourself against those huge razzia's with a crappy gun. And they people who wanted and could the make a difference, joined the allies and were given guns in that way.
The other people were too poor or just plain too late to get their hands on guns.
And I seriously doubt that those mentally ill people would be able to save their ass even IF that had a gun.

Point is: you can't always save you life by having the right to own a gun. You also have to know where to get one (which would be kinda difficult in Germany as a Jew...) and you would have to know how to use it.
Plus you would have to make a stand against the ones attacking you.

If I were a Jew in WWII, and I would have the right to own a gun, would even own one, I wouldn't stand a chance if 15 Germans were kicking at my door, wanting to take me to a concentration camp.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1 million "educated people," unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Funny thing btw, that it takes the Cambodians 19 years to figure out the people don't have the right to own guns, so they won't be able to defend themselves anymore.

unclehobart

Nah... It just took 19 years for the right dictator to come around at the precise moment of a power vaccum created by the US pullout from Vietnam. The US wasn't there with its Air Force and high tech toys to keep everyone at bay like it had for the prior 13 years... and it was the French control prior to that which kept it at bay.

The other part about German and Russian wholesale slaughter has a middle ground. In the beginning the people wouldn't resist too much. Change is hard to accept. The need to fight has a high personal threshold to breach for action... but the more atrocious the crimes being committed, all in greater number and in sheer audacity causes more and more resistance and partisan activity. There would be a finite point where resistance would gel (cough)Vietnam(cough). The deaths would still have run into the millions, but it would have been more like 3-4 million instead of 20. IMHO

BadBrain

The United States does not establish gun control.

In San Ysidro California a man walks into a McDonalds and exterminates more than 30 people -- many of them children

In Columbine Colorado 2 teens walk into their school and exterminate a dozen of their classmates before putting bullets in their own brains.

The term 'going postal' is coined after a disgruntled American post-office worker opens fire on his colleauges.

The United States, despite being one of the wealthiest countries in the world has one of the highest homicide rates in the world -- more than two-thirds of those homicides are by firearm:

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvinco.html

Canada, which did enact gun control legislation, has a homicide rate approximately one-third that of it's southern cousin -- similarly about one-third of those homicides are by firearm.

Jeslek

Banned
Yeay yeah, in Australia after they enacted gun control, homicides shot up by 300%.

There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damn lies, and statistics.