What I do for a living (warning: large pics)

alex

Probably a facilities drawing the company maintains to keep up with all the walls and equipment they move around.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
That's what it looks like to me.

I had to do a few plant layout drawings when I was a student working on co-op. Man, I hated doing that. In fact, I hate everything 2D now. ;)

flavio

Banned
It's a floorplan of a convention center. All the squares on the left side are exhibitor booths. My company makes software to organize large conventions. This floorplan turns into a java applet where you click on a booth and get some info on the exhibitor.

The AutoCAD stuff I do has become a little tedious, because it's always just these floorplans. It's only needed about once a month though.

flavio

Banned
But I have free time at work to learn 3D stuff

Attachment(s):

3d_light5.jpg, 78.84kb

3d_light5.jpg

ris

that's pretty nice, is that with autocad as well?
more my profession autocad is seen as the market leader although i'm getting tales that a lot of large practices in london are going over to microstation because of it's lightness and the nice 3d stuff it can manage

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
That's 3D Studio Max if I'm right...he posted that pic somewhere else too, a little while ago :)

OLI ~ Thanks for the information! As soon as I have a little bit more spare time, I'll give those things a shot :)
And BTW, that was more fun to read than one-word-posts or smilie-posts :D