What is that beside your bed! (book thread)

Oz

fergot about this thread :blush:

Stonehenge was good, not all I was expectin'....was hoping for more history and a lil' less focus on the characters.....but was still worth the read :)

reread, Bill Bryson Down Under.......few books make me laugh as much :D

rereading, The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett......I'm supposed to be sending it to a friend, but I couldn't resist another go at it :)

also rereading, Sophies World by Jostein Gaarder.....brilliant book, if yer like philosophy, or at least, an introduction to philosophers and philosophical thinking :swing:

tonksy

**BUMP**

I am currently reading White People by Allan Gurganus and Princess Sultana's Circle by Jean Sasson.

chcr

Too cute for words
Just finished "The God Delusion." Think I'll read a little book on quantum theory, "In Search of Schrodinger's Cat" next.

MrBishop

Just finished "The God Delusion." Think I'll read a little book on quantum theory, "In Search of Schrodinger's Cat" next.

schrodinger_s-lolcat.jpg

MrBishop

How is "The God Delusion", BTW?

I've seen it in stores a few times, but the cover price made me pass it by and the local library doesn't ahve it, yet.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Finishing up "The Redneck Manifesto: How Hillbillies, Rednecks and White Trash Became America's Scapegoats" by Jim Goad.

Next will be "Dixie Betrayed: How The South Really Lost The Civil War" by Jim Eicher. Except for the obvious misnomer in the title, it looks pretty good...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm currently reading "Cradle to Cradle" and it's very good. I really need to finish that up...

I am planning to read:

Think and Grow Rich
Some health food book a co-worker recommended
After reading this thread, the Sleeping Beauty Books

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I now own the entire sleeping beauty series, I am excited to get started on them.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
On a related note...did y'all know that Anne Rice is reaffirmed Catholic now? Apparently no more erotica or vampire books for her.

BlurOfSerenity

trying again to reread the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (which i have already read 2 or 3 times). but i'm such a slow, bad reader now. i read a whole chapter last night! go me! go me!

ClarabellaUK

4 books on the go at once... can't actually remember all their titles or authors!!! :blush:

But the one I just finished was a fiction based upon Margaret Catchpole an 18th Century convict aho escaped the gallows and was transported to Australia!

It was rather good... historical accuracy, action, advention, tragedy... bit of romance woven in!

Any one interested I'll find the details!