What is this vehicle?

JJR512

I saw this vehicle on a trailer behind an H2 outside a Pizza Hut today. Since I was going to the business next door, I had a chance to get a bunch of pictures. Anyone know what it is?

web.jpg

web.jpg

There are a dozen other photos here: http://gallery.me.com/jjr512#100581&bgcolor=black&view=grid

BlurOfSerenity

i made out that it said, "t-rex" on it, and i googled it... this came up! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Rex_(automobile)

" is a 2-seat, 3-wheeled motorcycle that combines the look and handling of a car with the fuel economy of a motorcycle, created by Canadian auto/bike builder Campagna Corporation located in Quebec. Using a 1.4 L, 4-cylinder engine, it accelerates from 0-97 km/h (0-60 mph) in 3.5 seconds, with top speed of 253 km/h (157 mph). Although classified as a motorcycle, the interior can accommodate two passengers side-by-side, with adjustable seat backs, foot-pedal box, and 3-point retractable safety belts. The manual transmission, although controlled by hand, more closely resembles motorcycle transmissions than that of a car.

The T-Rex has been commercially available since the early 1990s. Its distinctive and unusual look and style has made it a collector's item for both car and motorcycle connoisseurs.[citation needed]"

Dave

I saw something similar to that about a week ago. Wasn't a T-Rex but it was the same basic design. Didn't have my camera with me though...

VW GX3 concept

0601_naias_019+2006_volkswagen_gx3_3_wheel_concept+front_side_view.jpg

I was so hoping VW would produce this but the product liability lawyers killed it.

A.B.Normal

i made out that it said, "t-rex" on it, and i googled it... this came up! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Rex_(automobile)

" is a 2-seat, 3-wheeled motorcycle that combines the look and handling of a car with the fuel economy of a motorcycle, created by Canadian auto/bike builder Campagna Corporation located in Quebec. Using a 1.4 L, 4-cylinder engine, it accelerates from 0-97 km/h (0-60 mph) in 3.5 seconds, with top speed of 253 km/h (157 mph). Although classified as a motorcycle, the interior can accommodate two passengers side-by-side, with adjustable seat backs, foot-pedal box, and 3-point retractable safety belts. The manual transmission, although controlled by hand, more closely resembles motorcycle transmissions than that of a car.

The T-Rex has been commercially available since the early 1990s. Its distinctive and unusual look and style has made it a collector's item for both car and motorcycle connoisseurs.[citation needed]"

You got it ,there was one at the Car show in 2007.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MrBishop

Painfully?

High speeds, high acceleration, low fuel consumption: more what I meant by rides like a bike.

JJR512

Thanks for the info!

Three-wheeled vehicles are of course nothing new. My aunt owned one in Connecticut. It was a Messerschmitt; that company took to producing these three-wheelers after WWII when they were disallowed from producing aircraft. I'm not sure if my aunt had the KR175 or KR200, though. I also have no idea how she came to own one, or what it cost, but she still says to this day that it was the most fun vehicle she's ever owned.

800px-Mivalino_Front-view.JPG

KR175

800px-Messerschmitt_Kabinenroller.jpg

KR200

These were also two-seaters, although in tandem configuration (passenger behind driver). The KR175 was driven by Cousin Itt in the Addams Family movie from 1991.