"What Our Troops Want for Christmas"

tank girl

Professur said:
I just love people who are too cowardly to sign the bad karma they give. Same sort of folk who stand in whatever crowd there is shouting about how lousy the world is, instead of standing up and trying to fix it. Be ashamed, whoever you are. Be very ashamed.

err... it was me, prof - sorreee -the first one I've given out so far and it was a negative one to you. I apologise for not "signing" it - I actually didn't know you had to.

I assure you, next time I will. And I am quite sure there will probably be a 'next' time, if you keep up your unashamedly low personal remarks. Which imo are nothing but 'cowardly'.

Be very ashamed. You should be.

tank girl

Gonz said:
Victory is never cheap or easy. Democracy will stop, or greatly slow, the spread of terrorism.

Freedom is the single most important thing man can have. Without it, all else perishes.

What if the majority vote in Iraq goes to terrorism as everyone with any slight irritation towards the west before has now been given so, so, SO much more incentive to oppose and hate everything American now - especially democracy.

What people don't understand is that Islam is the most important element of their culture - it has been that way for thousands and thousands of years....there is no way that anybody can try and understand the relevance of that in the way these people think.

Do you really think that they will be good boys and girls and do exactly what the U.S tells them too simply because it results in our western conception of "freedom" and "democracy".

If their most important thing in life is Islam, and their culture and freedom to be able to practise their religion peacefully and live their own way of life peacefully has been taken away from them through this war - reguardless of how severe life was under Hussains regieme before.

In their eyes...they have been invaded, abused, killed in the name of a token war by an American President they don't trust - they aren't terrorists, they only believe they are defending themselves results in retaliation. Their basic human rights are disreguarded.

If your friend/mother/father/cousins/brother/sister had been killed by the occupying force on your land - and your friends had experienced the same - and ewverywhere around you is fear and bloodshed - would you surrender peacefully or would you fight to defend yourself and what you believe in?

the problem here is the conflict between two different gods. On each side they believe that their way is right and being attacked by the other side.

Islam just like christianity is being used as a source of propoganda to motivate individuals in fighting for what they believe in - but unlike christianity - Islam has Jihad.

10x more powerful and inherent in muslim society than anyone would like to think - which means - if this goes on much longer, and no doubt it will....were completely fucked.

and if it does - then its the worst provocation for unrelenting world disorder and crime against humanity ever.

shit, whats Bush going to do next - initiate a Draft????
honestly I don't completely think thats so unforseeble anymore.

Winky

You've asked a lot of questions and
made some false presumptions,
would you care to hear the answers
or simply go blithely on your way
down the rose petal strewn garden path?

Inkara1

tank girl said:
shit, whats Bush going to do next - initiate a Draft????
honestly I don't completely think thats so unforseeble anymore.
This whole "draft" trip is a load of crap. It's a scare tactic.

I should also point out that if there were a draft, I'm still in one of the first age groups to get called. If there any merit to the draft rumors, I would be very worried about that.

A.B.Normal

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140494,00.html
In fiscal 2004, the Guard had expected 7,100 soldiers to sign up after active duty tours. Instead, only 2,900 did — not even half. As a result, what's supposed to be a 350,000-member organization had just 342,918 soldiers when the year closed out on Sept. 30.
In Pennsylvania, recruiters are enlisting just 200 of the 300 soldiers statewide they must sign up every month to keep the Pennsylvania Army National Guard 16,000 soldiers strong. Right now, according to spokesman Lt. Col. Chris Cleaver, it has 14,982.

There is this though
But while the war in Iraq may be chasing former soldiers away, recruiter Sgt. 1st Class William Merriman said many younger recruits welcome their almost certain deployment.

Pvt. Frank Kelly, 22, was married with a 1-year-old daughter and new house when he signed up in April. He will probably ship out to Iraq with the 128th Forward Support Battalion by February.

"I didn't want nobody else fighting for my family and I wanted to fight for my country," said Kelly. He likes the service so much he may enlist full-time when he returns home.

"Basic training, they could have pushed you harder. It wasn't (tough) like it is in the movies," Kelly said. "I joined to get pushed to the limit and my limits weren't pushed yet."

"When he walked in the door, I didn't have to do any sell on him at all," Merriman said. "If they were all like him, I'd have the easiest job in the world."
If only they were all like him.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141424,00.html
Most of that increase will come through extending until March the tours of duty of more than 10,000 soldiers and Marines originally scheduled to return home in January.

Since then, a big question has been whether troop numbers would then drop again.

"Our troop levels will be at 150,000 during the election and a little bit after," the chairman, Gen. Richard Myers (search), said during a visit to Iraq.

Asked when exactly troops would be drawn down again, he said: "That will be determined by events on the ground."

If things don't get alot better after the elections where are the troops going to come from if recruiters can't shore up the numbers of enlistees,you can't keep extending tours indefinately.

"That will be determined by events on the ground." if things don't get better the Administration would simply say we hadn't planned on a "draft" but due to the unforseen worsening conditions in Iraq we must .

And what of Iran/North Korea or any other future engagement ,would the stretching of the Military not necesitate much larger Troop #s?

Winky

Winky said:
You've asked a lot of questions and
made some false presumptions,
would you care to hear the answers
or simply go blithely on your way
down the rose petal strewn garden path?

As I suspected...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tank girl said:
What if the majority vote in Iraq goes to terrorism as everyone with any slight irritation towards the west before has now been given so, so, SO much more incentive to oppose and hate everything American now - especially democracy.

Then we kill them.

Any more stupid questions?

tank girl said:
it has been that way for thousands and thousands of years

Where do you come up with this drivel? Islam was founded about 700 years ago.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
freedom isn't nationalistic. It's simply freedom. It can not be forced upon another.

: the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another :

there was no "eastern islamic" version.

tank girl

A moment of clarity:

There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Iraq WAS in compliance with UN Resolutions.

Iraq was NOT a threat to the United States.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11.

Iraq was not supporting Al Qaeda.

Iraq did not gas the Kurds, Iran did.

Saddam is in jail.

The Iraqi people do not want Americans occupying their country.

The U.S has already lost this war, in the eyes of the world. There is nothing they can do which will be seen as vindicating the presence of the US in Iraq.

Winky

Better impeach our President
and throw ourselves on the mercy on the U.N.

Wow girl, you're a funny one indeed.

Is there a point in your ranting???

main_splash.jpg

tank girl

nothing but general frustration at the stupidity of those intent on wreaking havoc on the rest of the human race because god, power and money allows them to.

(that works on either side of the spectrum, too - btw)

Winky

But my dear how can you accuse us of such a thing?
I really can't fathom the depth of your despair?

unclehobart

There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. : incorrect ... but as porous as they were for 20 years, I really doubt they knew what they had where. They did have WMD in the form of chemicals and biologics. Granted they were in rusty cans and old artillery shells and forgotten in the desert and in no condition to be used... but they had them all the same.

Iraq WAS in compliance with UN Resolutions. : incorrect... but the whole UN thing was a cluster fornication from all angles. We entered under an extracirricular UN coalition of many, many nations... not as a UN force even though most of the reasoning was via UN violation bruhaha.

Iraq was NOT a threat to the United States.: incorrect. The land mass and citizenry are not all that makes a nation. One can assault the economy of an enemy as well.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. : agreed. The fairly secular Iraqi government and the psychopathic religious zealots hated each other as much as they hate us.

Iraq was not supporting Al Qaeda. : agreed... but 9-11/Afghanistan and Iraq are not the same fight. Our beef with Iraq goes back 10 years prior to 9-11.

Iraq did not gas the Kurds, Iran did. : proofs?

Saddam is in jail. : and? Its a little bit bigger than that.

The Iraqi people do not want Americans occupying their country.: well.. duh.. Noone likes foreign troops on their soil except possibly the Koreans.

The U.S has already lost this war, in the eyes of the world. There is nothing they can do which will be seen as vindicating the presence of the US in Iraq. : Do you think we do what we do for some worldwide popularity contest? We look our for our own first and foremost. We also try to save the world in spite of itself. We tire of being the worlds policeman... but we are #1 in the world right now and people are always gunning for the top slot. If you screw with the Roman Empire you should expect a response. As far as 'opressornazi-blabla' regimes go... were the nicest of all time.

tank girl

Winky said:
But my dear how can you accuse us of such a thing?
I really can't fathom the depth of your despair?

i really haven't begun to fathom it either...I just have an innate need to express what i feel needs to be said, whether or not anybody chooses to hear me. It is the dissenting voice that needs most of all to be persistant despite the outlet and despite who or what it is intended for.

I just have a great affinity with certain issues and feel that because there is so much injustice around I need to exercise my point of view.

besides, this is the perfect way to exercise and develop myself until the time I really need to voice myself in public, and defend the facts -and who knows one day, maybe I will.

....Maybe I've been chosen by "god" :lol: /sarcasm

HomeLAN

Winky said:
Oh I’m sorry it has been pointed out to me in the Karma box that I’m obnoxious to the extreme

If you will recall, that accompanied positive karma. Ocassionally, the world needs a jerk. ;)

PostCode

Major contributor!
On March 16, 1988, waves of Iraqi warplanes dropped gas canisters in this Kurdish village of roughly 50,000 people, bathing neighborhoods in what is believed to have been a misty cocktail of nerve and blister agents - sarin, tabun, mustard, VX - and perhaps the biological agent aflatoxin as well.

Ms. Hassan, now a chronic hospital patient at age 32, was struck with what was believed to be mustard gas when the Iraqi Air Force attacked this village in 1988.

I guess eye witness accounts don't matter much anymore aye? Much like the line David Irving tried with the Jewsand the Holocaust...and failed miserably.

http://www.krg.org/docs/articles/chivers-gas-effects-dec-2002.asp