What should I buy?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hot damn. A computer show this weekend. *looks around* where will I put anything? anything good I should know about?

PostCode

Major contributor!
Yeah, buy a Mac. Then you can buy all that cool proprietary software to go along with it. whoohooo

PostCode said:
Yeah, buy a Mac. Then you can buy all that cool proprietary software to go along with it. whoohooo

yup and have the first 64 bit computer while hes at it :D :lol:

Time to get into DDR Gonz, you still runnin that 1.4 SDR platform?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Justin said:
Time to get into DDR Gonz, you still runnin that 1.4 SDR platform?

Yes & that's what I'm thinking about doing.

DO they sell keyboards that automatically fix misspellings of "THE"? ;)

Gonz said:
Yes & that's what I'm thinking about doing.

DO they sell keyboards that automatically fix misspellings of "THE"? ;)

A DDR platform would really smoke especially if its at least DDR333, would get some 3200, NF7-S v2 and a 400fsb chip or if you're not lookin to upgrade cpu just run 200x7.

chcr

Too cute for words
I was amazed how much switching from SDR to DDR helped my system performance.

chcr said:
I was amazed how much switching from SDR to DDR helped my system performance.

Yup my first go was with i believe a Geforce 3 and 1700+ cpu, those were both on an KT7A before, when i moved to DDR via a KT266 (yup, poor poor KT266 not 266A) i actually saw about 20-30fps more in alot of games, imagine even on that poor platform that was so immature i saw that, the 266A, 333 and Nforce 2 have really shattered SDR, was not so much impressed with the original Nforce and there was nothing really earth shattering about the KT400 and KT600.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What a fucking ordeal!!!

Crappy prices & worse selection.

Got a Barton 2500+ & 2 sticks 256 PC2700. Also bought the wife a new case with mo power (400W).

Come home, pull her crap & reinstall & it's up & going. Then the fun began. I switched everything & whoil...WTF???, it stops at the BIOS screen. I restart & enter the BIOS to reset & whoil...WTF? Now it won't even reboot. Powers up & nothing more. In other words, I've spent the last 6 hours pulling & switching memory, cpus, hardware, etc & end up completely removing the mobo & starting from complete scratch. I figure, what the hell, let's put it 100% together & if it still won't boot, take it camping with us this week & throw that motherfucker in Lake Michigan. Whoila-it works.

New score at PC pitstop-1126 (still tweaking.

Inkara1

Hope you don't have to return anything. One thing about those shows is that the vendors are long gone if something is DOA.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Hope you don't have to return anything. One thing about those shows is that the vendors are long gone if something is DOA.

Ya wanna know why it screwed up my machine? Ya really wanna know?Too bad, I'll tell you anyway...the vendor was from...

drum roll

suspenseful silence

OZHIO :banghead: :rolleyes: