What the FU*K!!!!

G

I can tell you that I didn't delete it. My style is to edit anything that I deem unfit, but I hardly ever lock a thread, let alone delete.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i edited mine too[/siz]

BTW, i understood what you mean, my english must be getting better with time.

movie flopped, nothing good at theatres, got a mate here and me and her are getting drunk (no, we ain't going there :p ) :D

tarez

But it had all me post.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lol

one day shall have to create another

lorrimar

Originally posted by tarez
Where did the 1000 post thread go? I had over 250 posts in that damn thing.... I even hit the 1000th post in a mad race with Luis... who deleted it or where did it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn the man!!!!!

damn that sux, at least we broke 1000.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
"OI! Canadians!" is the thread with the most replies, coming in at 164 replies.

Now with the flood control turned on at 15 seconds, we shouldn't have any problems where threads get spammed into oblivion. It takes at least 15 seconds to move to the next thread and type in a well-thought-out reply anyway, so it shouldn't be that noticeable.

We've had a couple threads die like this one, but never while it hasn't gotten any activity for a few hours. Perhaps a mod was deleting a few double posts or something? I'd venture to guess it had something to do with MySQL's relative instability when accessed frequently (it has no way of verifying transactions which is the main reason why MySQL claims the throne of speed king, but this also means that data can get corrupted very easily).

Technically, since the column type for the post ID # field is int(11), numbers of up to (10^11)-1 (99.9 billion) can be put in the post ID # field. If we were on a more stable database such as Sybase, I'll betcha a nickel it wouldn't miss a beat. The problem is, a Sybase server costs big bucks, and there are some features in MySQL that this board is using that can't be ported directly to Sybase.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
lol, I was going to post a thread and ask what happened to it. Good thing I read this thread first. :D I went away for a weekend, and what did you guys do? You corrupted a thread already. :nono:

:rofl3: spammers are dangerous. I wonder how many posts I had in there... doesn't look like many. :p