What to do... what to do!

ClaireBear

Banned
A one time quite close RL friend who I bumped into on a forum after a few years apart... isn't it weird when shit like that happens!... has just told me via PM that his girlfriend is pregnant...

Now I'm stuck in a position as I really don't know how to respond...

a) Because I can't see his face!
b) The guys hardly "Dad material"
c) They've been togather for less than 4 months...

Should I just leave it... not respond or what?

I think I'm gonna send a positive response "Wow congratulations!" stuff... when inside I'm screaming "Nooooooooo!" and let him perhaps put me straight...

What do you think?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
ClaireBear said:
A one time quite close RL friend who I bumped into on a forum after a few years apart... isn't it weird when shit like that happens!... has just told me via PM that his girlfriend is pregnant...

Now I'm stuck in a position as I really don't know how to respond...

a) Because I can't see his face!
b) The guys hardly "Dad material"
c) They've been togather for less than 4 months...

Should I just leave it... not respond or what?

I think I'm gonna send a positive response "Wow congratulations!" stuff... when inside I'm screaming "Nooooooooo!" and let him perhaps put me straight...

What do you think?

This is a situation where everything you say, or don't say, is going to be bad...If he's a true friend, however, I'd suggest you tell him the truth. If you think he's going to be a bad father, tell him. Perhaps he's changed, and he'll set you straight.

ClaireBear

Banned
Yup you're right...

As I hoped he's not too impressed... my "Congratulations that's excellent news!" was met with...

"No its not"

I'll be there for him if he needs me... but for now I'm steering clear.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
that poor baby. :disgust:

That poor man as well. He'll never get the joy of being a father...and through his irresponsibility, the child will never know how much of a joy a father can be. :sad:

BeardofPants

It's usually at this point that I tend to bang on about using appropriate contraceptives, and give them a slap on the head...

Gato_Solo

BeardofPants said:
It's usually at this point that I tend to bang on about using appropriate contraceptives, and give them a slap on the head...

Just a slap? :smash2: :trout: :bash:

BeardofPants

*groan*

I guess I could have worded that one better, but where would be the fun in that? ;)

<edit> oh wait, you meant as in more violence? God, I'm so used to innuendo around here.... :retard:

Gato_Solo

BeardofPants said:
*groan*

oh wait, you meant as in more violence? God, I'm so used to innuendo around here.... :retard:

That's right...some real ultra-violence. Real Horror show. ;)

freako104

encourage him to make the right choice and see if he is truly ready for it. Do be supportive tho

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
encourage him to make the right choice and see if he is truly ready for it. Do be supportive tho

freako...this is one of those situations where there actually is no correct response.

Gato_Solo

BeardofPants said:
Wrong, gato, the correct response would be to whap him 'round the head with an extra-large box of condoms.:rolleyes:

Ummm...It takes two to make a baby...1 man, and 1 woman. Since the word rape wasn't mentioned, one can only assume that this activity was done willingly. While it is the man's responsibility to use proper intelligence when engaging in the act, it is the woman's responsibility to make sure he's using that intelligence correctly. ;)

BeardofPants

Yeah... and condoms are for stds as well gato, regardless of what the woman says she's on, condoms should still be used. Nyah. :p

Gato_Solo

BeardofPants said:
Yeah... and condoms are for stds as well gato, regardless of what the woman says she's on, condoms should still be used. Nyah. :p

That's not what I meant...If she knew he wasn't wearing a glove, she shouldn't have given him that love. ;)

Sharky

Gato_Solo said:
That's not what I meant...If she knew he wasn't wearing a glove, she shouldn't have given him that love. ;)

And if the glove would not fit, he could suck on a tit.

:bolt:

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
freako...this is one of those situations where there actually is no correct response.

the right choice I meant would be something where he either accepted the responsiblity or admitted he is not ready for it.