What're you doing to save the planet?

greenfreak

Alex, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Remember you recommended it? I found soapwater to work so much better for me.

Yes, cheyenne pepper is good for keeping squirrels out of your bird feeder and deer/squirrels/mice etc out of your bulbs/plants. Cinnamon is a natural fungicide and I use it when I get cuts on my orchids, lemon juice is good for cleaning leaves. To keep slugs/snails away, put out a tray of beer or line the bottom of your pots with eggshells.

There are so many other natural remedies, it's amazing once you start looking into it.

Professur

Fuck all.

The earth's magnetic poles reverse on average every 200,000 years. It's been over 700,000 years since the last one and signs are that the next one is underway right now. Magnetic fluctuations are rampant. Withing 100 years or so, the surface of the earth is going to be devastated by higher levels of radiation that humans could ever produce. Estimates show that it'll probably remain that way for about 1000 years before settling back down to a nice protected habitat. Human polution and global warming? They're not gonna amount to a hill of beans.

MrBishop

Gonz said:
:rolleyes:

You live in CANADA...like that's a dificult one to achieve :D

I live next to an island :) HUGE seaway...great place for humidity. Summer temps can get up to 30-35deg celcius (86-95F) with 70%humidity... you'd be surprised how many people buy A/C units around here :)

Rose

I would die without air conditioning in my home or car. I joke that it's the only reason I married my husband - he's a heat & air tech (soon to open his own business) and I'll never have to worry about being too hot or too cold.

:D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
I live next to an island :) HUGE seaway...great place for humidity. Summer temps can get up to 30-35deg celcius (86-95F) with 70%humidity... you'd be surprised how many people buy A/C units around here :)

Yea, yea...wanna impress us? Move to Phoenix & say that :p

MrBishop

Gonz said:
Yea, yea...wanna impress us? Move to Phoenix & say that :p

Yadda yadda...dry heat! What's the matter Gonz...never heard the saying "It's not the heat, it's the HUMIDITY".

I've been in hot places before...without the humidity, heat's nothing! I'd like to see you deal with 30below F. for a coupla weeks... you'd be begging for the 70-90deg F weather again :)

Rose

Screw you both - come to Oklahoma for a bit in August. You'll have your share of heat AND humidity.

And I'd put money that Tonks or PT can probably rival or beat what Oklahoma has to offer.

Professur

Bish's arguments not withstanding, Mtl is a hellish area for humans. Not many places have to deal with 70C+ temp swings. Arizona may be hot, but you can get used to it. It hits 30C here in the summer. And just as you're getting used to that, it swings around and hits you with -30C + windchill. In fall, I'm wrapping up in sweaters at 10C. In spring, I'm in shorts if the temp peeks over 0C. Right now, we're in a cold snap, but afterwards, -15C is gonna feel down right cozy.

tonksy

Rose said:
Screw you both - come to Oklahoma for a bit in August. You'll have your share of heat AND humidity.

And I'd put money that Tonks or PT can probably rival or beat what Oklahoma has to offer.
you have no idea what humidity is until summer in southern louisiana.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
MO isn't too bad really, Highs in the summer right around 100F, The winters get down to around 10 is pretty cold. The big thing is that it rarely stays anything for long.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Bish's arguments not withstanding, Mtl is a hellish area for humans. Not many places have to deal with 70C+ temp swings. Arizona may be hot, but you can get used to it. It hits 30C here in the summer. And just as you're getting used to that, it swings around and hits you with -30C + windchill. In fall, I'm wrapping up in sweaters at 10C. In spring, I'm in shorts if the temp peeks over 0C. Right now, we're in a cold snap, but afterwards, -15C is gonna feel down right cozy.
fucked, ain't it :tardbang:

Rose

Tonks - I can only imagine. I hate humidity. I hate heat. I hate being hot. Unless it's the good kind of hot, of course, as in - damn girl, you look hot!

D'oh

PT - I've not spent much of any time in MO, but it was rather icky when I went a couple months back to Silver Dollar City. Gosh I so want to go back ...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Tonks, so far, is the winner on the humidity race. Lew see anna is a high bitch in the dog days.

Temp swings? Phoenix has daily swings of 30-40 degrees in the summer. Imagine 80f feeling chilly....