What's the best book you've read?

Coffee Bean

My favorite book is Confederacy of Dunces. Or any Vonnegut book.

Right now I'm reading Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy, lighter reading - plus I love spy movies

Jeslek

Banned
I don't really have a favorite, but hm... Books that affected me are The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, and Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler.

(I'm not including religious books here)

HeXp£Øi±

I haven't read any Tom Clancy books as i'm not into fiction much but i was really impressed with the man himself. Saw him in a three hour in-depth interview on C-Span2(booktv)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I Think "Put me in the Zoo" was a much better read. It really had a good plot, with a twist at the end that wasn't quite expected.

Scanty

Can't choose just one.

The Miracle Strain - Michael Cordy
The Beach - Alex Garland
Sleepers - Lorenzo Carcaterra

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
the emotional intelligence
the games we play......

i liked Dante's Divine Comedy, but i quit reading it just before the paradise. :D

Currently reading about ww2 (5 book encyclopedia).

Dave

david nivens and larry pournelle' s inferno (update of dante's original)
stephen king's the stand
asimov's (sp?) foundation trilogy
nelson demille's cathedral

Spot said:
asimov's (sp?) foundation trilogy

ditto! plus 'foundation and earth' and 'foundations edge' were good too!

I love Stephen King books too, IT, the deadzone, Salems Lot and Night shift stories being my favs.

PT

Have you ever gotten into Anne Rice books, Justin?

I'm re-reading the vampire series now, but she also has a witch series, and a few other non-related to the dark spiritual stuff. "Feast of All Saints" is probably her best.

My favorite of all would have to be "The Stand" Stephen King.

Dave

personally, reading anne rice is like walking hip deep in molasses.
i like her books, just takes me freakin forever to get through them.

freako104

so many. i enjoy HP Lovecraft(i got into it recently), and the last temptation of christ by kazantaks. also any rpg book ive got. and it by stephen king. and many if not most of the true crime novels i read.

I Think i read Ann Rice, was Blackwood Farm and interview with the vampire by her? if so yes, and decent books i must say.

PT

Blackwood Farm I'm not familiar with, don't think it was her, but the Interveiw with a Vampire was.