What's the deal with drinking?

Hiflyr

Why does everyone I know like to drink to have to fun? I've been drunk before, I've also gotten sick off of drinking, and last year I promised myself I wasn't drinking alcohol again. Still havn't to this day.

So what's the deal with drinking? Why is it considered to be so fun for people?

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
uhm, no.

I drink alcohol...but not to have fun. that's lame.

i got drunk a few times, didn't like it....drink, but not too much :)

whoreable

It is fun for me to watch them....so i guess my friends need to drink alchol to be funny to me. i should be thanking them for being alchohlics.

Hiflyr

Must be just be college kids who consider drinking to be fun, I don't think I've met an adult who likes drinking for fun.

HeXp£Øi±

The fact is that if you're a healthy person then you're not going to get the same enjoyment from it. Same goes with drugs. The more unhealthy you are, the more psycologically uncomfortable you become. Alcohol &amp; drugs present an escape or alternate reality. If you are content with reality then you'll find less enjoyment in that false reality. The more psycologically uncomfortable you are the more enjoyment you'll find in that false reality which is an escape from the pain of reality and the more attractive the high becomes.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i quit drinking the way i used to, by now i feel i was behaving in a stupid way.

HeXp£Øi±

Luis, That's not going to change the fact that you're crazy.
xboit3.gif
xeek.gif

unclehobart

I could drink and drink and drink before it made me silly. I backed off as a matter of sheer finances... I also hated the massive dehydration effect. 4-5 hours of fun isnt worth 12 hours of yuckiness as a post mortem.

HeXp£Øi±

I had to quit because i didn't like like waking up in jail. Not to mention the fact that there just wasn't enough Alcohol/Heroin/Pot/ecstasy/Acid/Cocaine on the planet to make me happy. :D

Jeslek

Banned
HeXp£Øi± said:
The fact is that if you're a healthy person then you're not going to get the same enjoyment from it. Same goes with drugs. The more unhealthy you are, the more psycologically uncomfortable you become. Alcohol & drugs present an escape or alternate reality. If you are content with reality then you'll find less enjoyment in that false reality. The more psycologically uncomfortable you are the more enjoyment you'll find in that false reality which is an escape from the pain of reality and the more attractive the high becomes.
Amen :)

flavio

Banned
HeXp£Øi± said:
The fact is that if you're a healthy person then you're not going to get the same enjoyment from it. Same goes with drugs. The more unhealthy you are, the more psycologically uncomfortable you become. Alcohol & drugs present an escape or alternate reality. If you are content with reality then you'll find less enjoyment in that false reality. The more psycologically uncomfortable you are the more enjoyment you'll find in that false reality which is an escape from the pain of reality and the more attractive the high becomes.

No, that's a load of crap. There are many well-adjusted people that are capapble of putting on a buzz and enjoying it. The unhealthy people who become addicts probably aren't enjoying it that much.

As far as alternate realities goes...that's a cheesy overblown misnomer. It should be simply referred to as a different experience. It's not about being content with reality or not...it's more about being interested in new experiences. While some may be content with a reality of sitting in their office chair others may enjoy rock climbing. And drinking/drugs, as with rock climbing, can be enjoyable but can also be very dangerous.

HeXp£Øi±

Why so defensive flavio? Did you hear me say everyone was that way? No. But it is for the most part, an accurate statement. BTW that's a wonderful theory you've put together there. How long did it take you to think that one up? I'm sure it justifies your situation well. But as far as i'm concerned your defensive demeanor is already throwing up red flags all over the place for the whole world to see.

Jeslek

Banned
HeXp£Øi± said:
Why so defensive flavio? Did you hear me say everyone was that way? No. But it is for the most part, an accurate statement. BTW that's a wonderful theory you've put together there. How long did it take you to think that one up? I'm sure it justifies your situation well. But as far as i'm concerned your defensive demeanor is already throwing up red flags all over the place for the whole world to see.
Feeling agreeable with me tonight, aren't you? :cool: Totally agree with you bud. :)

flavio

Banned
HeXp£Øi± said:

Hmmnn...you can call it defensive if you want but I was merely pointing out where you were wrong or innaccurate. My irritated tone stems from your conjecture and generalizations.